• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    And there's nothing wrong with that, I was just providing an example based on one extreme to the next from someone who is an LEO. Off duty most of us probably worry about it way less than the average person would.

Yes, i am in defense, not offense mode. Not running people down or breaking down doors. The solution is probably a 365. As some suggest, may only be psychological. And over confidence is a bad thing.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I carried a 27 for a number of years, switched to a 33. My 27 is 20 yrs plus old so i treated my self to a new 33...the cop shop of blessed memory. I thought the 27 and 33 very concealable IWB ( and they are) but the shield 9 and 45 are slimmer but taller. So less pull at the waist band butmore likely to print. But for owb in a good kydex and a good gun belt, which i prefer, the weight of the 33 is telling and the 43is a pleasure. Just wonder why it wasn’t first made with a 7 rd mag like the shield.

I used Magguts in my 43 mags with GeePlate base plate.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Yes, i am in defense, not offense mode. Not running people down or breaking down doors. The solution is probably a 365. As some suggest, may only be psychological. And over confidence is a bad thing.

Honestly I think that’s the best thing for you. 365 with 10+1 for smallest profile and 15rd mag as backup. In the meantime if you want to leave your car in the county I’ll watch it, no charge ;)

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Honestly I think that’s the best thing for you. 365 with 10+1 for smallest profile and 15rd mag as backup. In the meantime if you want to leave your car in the county I’ll watch it, no charge ;)

Jon. Can i leave the keys with the car? Yes 365. Should see yossi. But then new holsters. Break in. So much effort.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Jon. Can i leave the keys with the car? Yes 365. Should see yossi. But then new holsters. Break in. So much effort.

I have pocket/OWB/IWB for my 43 so I understand. However if you're looking for maximum concealment and capacity I really think the 365 is the best thing on the market. And that's coming from a Glock fan boy.

And yes, keys and gas card :lol2:

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    Aside from the 3 muggings in the downtown area yesterday, involving 3 attackers in each case ( and the 3 that attacked the dep commissioner on sat) yesterday about 6pm as she was leaving work, a friends daughter was attacked 2200 blk eastern avenue by six (6). As she was getting into her car. Not hurt; phone, lap top and hand bag stolen. Is a slim 9 like a g43 or a shield enough? Should state law be amended to require all non prohibited cotizens to carry upon their bodies at all times, a handgun of reputable make and good maintenance, capable of accepting a spring loaded, box, magazine of not less than 15 rds, along with one spare and appear for inspection and training evey second saturday at the entrance to patterson park where they will be met by a cadre of sufficiently trained persons of high moral repute.

Baltimore's a different animal entirely. Here, you could rock a 10mm EAA Witness or a Glock 40 in a shoulder holster, Sonny Crockett-style, with spare magazines, and STILL feel like you're under-gunned

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019

I agree with you, I do not feel safe in Baltimore. There is no scenario that I know of now that gives me a reason to go there.

What I also know is that the SCOTUS has ruled that police officers do not have the duty to protect and that it is the responsibility for each individual to protect themselves.

And despite that ruling I still cannot open or conceal carry a firearm in this state.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Baltimore's a different animal entirely. Here, you could rock a 10mm EAA Witness or a Glock 40 in a shoulder holster, Sonny Crockett-style, with spare magazines, and STILL feel like you're under-gunned

You understand how i feel. Comm harrison said perception balto is unsafe is untrue.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    HK VP9/VP9SK depending on season/dress. Ruger LCP is great when you aren’t wearing much (beach etc.).

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    I agree with you, I do not feel safe in Baltimore. There is no scenario that I know of now that gives me a reason to go there.

I wish I could say them same, I HAVE to work in the crap hole known as Baltimore. Yet, company will not allow me to carry.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Conceal-ability is a top concern for me. I prefer a Ruger LCP II in a pocket holster with a Pachmayr tactical grip glove. The pocket holster it came with is just fine.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    LOL!!! Supports my point about finding every reason never to set foot in Baltimore.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...-a-brutal-bully-claims-baltimore-district-far

Even IF you were able to legally carry, who or more importantly..WHAT is going to protect you from 10-20 marauding YUTES??? NADA

You would need a SCUBA tank full of bear spray and even that might not work against sheer numbers.

And it's not JUST Ballmer $hitty. The cancer has spread to most of Merry-land.

But most definitely, IF I could carry I would carry a 9MM EMP (9+1 of Hornady Critical defense )
    And of course, stay the F out of that hell town.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    Even IF you were able to legally carry, who or more importantly..WHAT is going to protect you from 10-20 marauding YUTES??? NADA

You would need a SCUBA tank full of bear spray and even that might not work against sheer numbers.

And it's not JUST Ballmer $hitty. The cancer has spread to most of Merry-land.

But most definitely, IF I could carry I would carry a 9MM EMP (9+1 of Hornady Critical defense )
    And of course, stay the F out of that hell town.

Ugh - you're right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom