• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    I'll never purchase a license to express my GOD given right, ....period

:mad54:

And pretty soon you won't have to worry about any of your god given rights because they will deny them all.

If Obama got one thing right it was about people clinging to their Bibles and their guns. Not in the same sense that he meant it though. People cling to things that make them feel safe and I will agree that my government doesn't make me feel safe. My government does things that give me very clear indications that I should be leary and fearful of their intent and their subsequent impositions. Its kind of like the saying never trust a man who is trying to convince you to trust him.

On the subject of HQL, do or don't it doesn't matter. Its the same as people who choose not to give their social for NICS checks... Refuse to get their HQL because they want to stick it to the man....

Are you for real?!

A government that tracks and traces ALL FORMS OF DOMESTIC COMMUNICATION AND YOU THINK YOU ARE HIDING FROM THEM BY NOT GIVING YOUR SOCIAL on a NIC app? Notice politicians went from calling our country AMERICA THE FREE to The free'est nation in the world? Freedom at this junction is an illusion granted you by how far your government chooses to run your leash out. There are some states in the republic which stand a chance of holding onto basic freedoms granted to us. Maryland isn't one of them. Its a smelly old sack of crap on display for everyone else to see.

These politicians could give a rats ass about your half hearted attempt to covet your right to bare arms. They would rather you didn't buy any so they can go to the polls and speak about how much safer they have made things while ignoring little Mckenzie the 3 year old who took a bullet from some Bmore slug filth the system tried to protect that ultimately cost this child her life.

This state sucks. Know someone who has lived in Maryland all their life? Thank them for making such decent political choices. #TheNextDetroit

Am I Embittered? You bet your ass I am. Because no matter which choice you choose we are in a bad place right now with our right to bare arms in MD.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    Nope. I do want a cz and maybe a hipower though. But I'll move to get one before I get an HQL. I have all the ones I "need"

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Lmao that you think they care about the size of our community. They let Beretta leave the state. Hundreds of jobs and all that tax revenue gone and they couldn't care less.

Of course size matters. Maryland population is approximately 5.9 million. If 4 million Marylanders had HQL's (an absurd proposition, but bear with me) OF COURSE they'd pay attention. They pay attention in Wyo., Texas and Georgia, for instance, because gun-owning and 2A-interested populations are so large. If only 10 Marylanders got HQL or showed interest in 2A, we would be completely dismissed, and maybe even have worse laws like Mass. and N.J. Somewhere in between is where we are, but, again, bigger is better.

Cyndi59

I don't have a HQL and don't plan to if I live in Maryland,believes there is no requirement in the 2A saying I need a HQL or tap dance for O'Muttley and his cronies in the Maryland Statehouse..planning on moving to Virginia once I leave New Zealand..

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Well, no matter what your thoughts are on the HQL, I just thought I would throw this out there. I went yesterday to FYI Fingerprinting in Ellicott City and did my livescan. Came home completed the online app. As of 10 minutes ago, my online status shows as complete. Now I just have to wait on the letter.

For all its faults, it was a painless process even though it cost me $100 total.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    For all its faults, it was a painless process even though it cost me $100 total.

Painless extraction of a hunnert bucks from your wallet? Makes me wonder - seriously - whether any MD politicians have livescan stock. Wouldn't put it past them at all to profit from their legislating.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I do not have a Maryland HQL and have no plans in obtaining one. I am currently well equipped regarding such. ;)

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Well, no matter what your thoughts are on the HQL, I just thought I would throw this out there. I went yesterday to FYI Fingerprinting in Ellicott City and did my livescan. Came home completed the online app. As of 10 minutes ago, my online status shows as complete. Now I just have to wait on the letter.

100 bucks isn't the painful part for me , the most painful part is going against my principles . By getting a HQL my whole life would of been a lie the only thing I would gladly give my principles up for is my family

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    100 bucks isn't the painful part for me , the most painful part is going against my principles . By getting a HQL my whole life would of been a lie the only thing I would gladly give my principles up for is my family

I agree with your sentiments. Family is the reason I'm getting one. I'm teaching my kids to shoot and I want to start them with a 22 pistol. Which I don't have, so I need to buy one. And that means I need an HQL.

I already purchased regulated firearms, so I'm already "on file". My fingerprints are already out there from my current employer and from when I used to be a cop. I do t like having to jump through more hoops, but I decided the ends justify the means.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I'm extremely close to caving and doing this abomination.....

Glock = 0

/sigh ...I knew leaving this out prior to 10/1 would haunt me.

Must resist the temptation of the G19!!!!!

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I confess.. I do not have an HQL. Bought all the pistols i wanted years ago and bought long guns / ammo last year before the ban.

But i really need to get one soon. Waiting for msp to approve the glock 41 and hk p9. I also want a ruger mk2 pistol.

I spent a small fortune over the past two years stocking up my gun safe before October 1st of last year so I can give both maryland and the HQL the middle finger. The HQL is just another owemoron (along with his butt buddy with the 80s Def Leppard hairdo mike miller) tax. Yeah I know this is exactly what owemoron wants me to do, but I'll be moving to America soon (Kentucky) and leaving this taxing cesspool of a state I refer to as The People's Republic of Godforsaken maryland.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    I'm getting one so when I leave this state I can show others what PRoMD does to its citizens, If I could only get MSP website to stop saying "error" everytime you click on a button,I could actullay go through with my plans.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I confess.. I do not have an HQL. Bought all the pistols i wanted years ago and bought long guns / ammo last year before the ban.

But i really need to get one soon. Waiting for msp to approve the glock 41 and hk p9. I also want a ruger mk2 pistol.

The 41 is on the Roster. We have two in stock if you'd like to take a look.

Last edited:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I am just curious about people who say their check is taking longer than usual... Without revealing details, have they lived in many other states (I could see a few factors slowing down mental health records checks), or have a security clearance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom