• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turbohugh

Squib..
    Jan 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Welcome from Washington DC. I would suggest going straight to a 9mm if you want a semi- If your first firearm a Glock, SW or Taurus would be my recommendation .

Like someone else said, you can go to a range such as Maryland Small Arms and Rifle Range [where I shoot] and rent several handguns and rifles, and figure out what fits your usage best.

Americus

Feb 9, 2013
    Not to sound like uncle joe, but Depending on the urgency and timing, you may want to consider a shotgun over a handgun for home defense in MD. Faster to buy, just as effective.

N00bSh00ter

Feb 6, 2014
    MoCo
    Thanks to everyone! I've not yet decided upon what my first gun will be. I want to try several different models before I decide. Also considering a few 9mm models, as well. Where do you guys shoot? I'm not keen on going to Gilbert's, even though it's closest to me. Would love to find a nice indoor and outdoor range with good people to have some fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Thanks to everyone! I've not yet decided upon what my first gun will be. I want to try several different models before I decide. Also considering a few 9mm models, as well. Where do you guys shoot? I'm not keen on going to Gilbert's, even though it's closest to me. Would love to find a nice indoor and outdoor range with good people to have some fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cresap in Frederick is an outdoor range that is open on Sunday from 10-3. The Machine Gun Nest will be opening in Frederick, sometime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom