• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    I’m looking to join a hunting club for, mainly, deer in a rifle county. Location isn’t so important as I’d drive most anywhere in the state for a good club. If anyone know of one or can give me some direction, that would be appreciated.
    Please IM or email me any info, Also, I can throw in some gun related goodies as a finders fee, lol. Thanks

eshoremd

May 22, 2014
    Pasadena
    I've noticed throughout the years while driving around the lower shore scouting various public lands I see signs along the roads at hunt club's parking areas saying they're looking for members. Sorry I don't have more details.

Worth a shot to just drive around one day. You're going to have the best chances on the lower shore. A lot of leased land down there.

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    If you want a Rifle county for deer you're going to need to go to the lower eastern shore or western MD. Where are you located, I lease a few properties a year to hunt, and hear about several others that come up word of mouth.

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    I’m interested in property also. I’d love to find something for goose and deer. I don’t care if it’s shotgun. If there’s ducks that’s an extra bonus, but goose and deer would be awesome. I’m hoping with the limit changes I’ll be able to find something. I’m in Anne Arundel but I’ll drive to wherever.

Also I have three other guys if there’s anything we can start a club on. All are experienced hunters and police officers. We can get our own insurance, or whatever is needed.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Years ago my buddies and I leased property from the Dorchester Lumber Company. All the clearcuts in and around Cambridge are mostly by them. They (had) many leases back then, and ours was nice. Limited free time, having kids, working too much, etc... has since made that impossible for the 5 of us to continue. Sorry, I no longer have contact info for them, you could try to Google them to see if they’re still there, and call them to possibly get on one of the leases or join an existing one looking for members.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Be very careful when looking for a hunting club. It reminds me of the old joke, I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member.

Remember, you're going to be hunting on the same property as other folks that you don't know anything about. Just be careful with your choices.

Rcbrownr7

Jun 15, 2017
    Annapolis
    I’m interested in property also. I’d love to find something for goose and deer. I don’t care if it’s shotgun. If there’s ducks that’s an extra bonus, but goose and deer would be awesome. I’m hoping with the limit changes I’ll be able to find something. I’m in Anne Arundel but I’ll drive to wherever.

Also I have three other guys if there’s anything we can start a club on. All are experienced hunters and police officers. We can get our own insurance, or whatever is needed.

I am also in Anne Arundel county and looking for a lease. I found a couple of opportunities to lease property last year but needed 3 or 4 more hunters. If you find anything and need one more I’d be interested.

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    Remember, you're going to be hunting on the same property as other folks that you don't know anything about. Just be careful with your choices.

Not only that, but some of these "Clubs" will take your money and then do everything they can to make sure you never see a deer.

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    I am also in Anne Arundel county and looking for a lease. I found a couple of opportunities to lease property last year but needed 3 or 4 more hunters. If you find anything and need one more I’d be interested.

I’ll keep you in mind. Same to you. I wouldn’t mind starting something with 10 or less members. Something where we all know each other and help each other, or if we don’t know each other we can get to know each other. I’m not up for some of the shenanigans that larger clubs bring. Some has already been mentioned. But I’m addition, the partying during rifle season, unaccounted for guests, throwing up tree stands near other people at the moment a rumor comes out about a big deer being seen.

I want something I can teach my young sons the right way to do things. And work with our family pet we just got, our Labrador billy bob.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Most of my hunting is managed deer control with 3 county park services.
    But I am looking for a lease that I can hunt with my 16 year old son.
    Looking for absolutely alcohol free, and idiot free.

Rcbrownr7

Jun 15, 2017
    Annapolis
    I’ll keep you in mind. Same to you. I wouldn’t mind starting something with 10 or less members. Something where we all know each other and help each other, or if we don’t know each other we can get to know each other. I’m not up for some of the shenanigans that larger clubs bring. Some has already been mentioned. But I’m addition, the partying during rifle season, unaccounted for guests, throwing up tree stands near other people at the moment a rumor comes out about a big deer being seen.

I want something I can teach my young sons the right way to do things. And work with our family pet we just got, our Labrador billy bob.

I agree with everything you said above and am interested in a meet up. I would prefer to have a solid group of hunters so we can go out and look for a good lease. I’m sending you a pm.

kookymonstir

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Leonard Md
    Most of my hunting is managed deer control with 3 county park services.
    But I am looking for a lease that I can hunt with my 16 year old son.
    Looking for absolutely alcohol free, and idiot free.

HA, good luck on the "idiot free" part! :lol: I'm on my father in law's farm with mostly family and it's not idiot free. :lol::lol2::lol2:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    HA, good luck on the "idiot free" part! :lol: I'm on my father in law's farm with mostly family and it's not idiot free. :lol::lol2::lol2:

It's funny you say that. I was going to join a hunting club, a friend of a friend got me in to. They had a meet and great for the new members and I had my check for joining the club with me. Kinda a Game Night with drinking, poker and food cooked that folks had killed through the year.

I was there for less than an hour and kept my check in my wallet. I left realizing the mistake I almost made.

I asked my friend why he was trying to get me killed. He honestly said he knew nothing about the club, he was just passing along the information.

Hunting clubs are interesting ventures. Great, when things are going right. Crazy dangerous when things go wrong.

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    Maybe we should all look for some rifle land in Somerset County and form our own hunting club?

I said Somerset County because they have a high bag limit of deer and there are plenty of ducks and geese around there. Also, i used to hunt in Somerset County back in the mid 90s. I had belong to a club but quit about 20 years ago. I can’t even remember the name of the club

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    Maybe we should all look for some rifle land in Somerset County and form our own hunting club?

I said Somerset County because they have a high bag limit of deer and there are plenty of ducks and geese around there. Also, i used to hunt in Somerset County back in the mid 90s. I had belong to a club but quit about 20 years ago. I can’t even remember the name of the club

I’m down. I have 4 of us that would be interested if we could get goose / deer. Ducks would be a big bonus. Definitely no craziness from any of us. We all have sons that we’d wanna take and teach. I’m reaching out to some brokers that act as a middle person between farms and clubs. I’ll let everyone know my findings. But keep me in mind if anyone finds anything.

Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom