• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    I’m really starting to think Trump really did himself in with this. The chinks that are forming in the armor over this are forming where the armor should be the thickest. I’m having flashbacks of Bush 41 and the ‘89 import ban... except this is much worse. You could keep your Norinco AK after the ban and not be transformed into a would-be felon.

When the people who should be behind Trump the most are making up stuff like this, I just can’t see how he gets re-elected.

Attachments

• ECBB155A-3EA4-4E86-9CF8-DA7D429F83A2.jpg
      ECBB155A-3EA4-4E86-9CF8-DA7D429F83A2.jpg
      71 KB · Views: 656

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Trump needed the NRA's support to get elected in 2016. The NRA was OK with the BATF reneging on their prior approval of bumpstocks.

The problem is Trump and the NRA are the best we've got. It doesn't matter that tens of thousands of law abiding citizens are going to be felons if they don't destroy their plastic pieces with prior BATF approval. It doesn't matter that FFL-01 dealers had thousands of dollars of inventory declared illegal by the BATF reversal on bump stocks. The reason we've been Trumped is because our other option was Hillary.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Trump's SCOTUS picks will (hopefully) do what is politically unpopular to do as a populist president (call out 2A infringements for what they are). I think this may very well be his plan. President Trump's sons are both gun guys, Don Jr. more so. I know as a dad I would never do something that would affect my son's enjoyment of his life in the future when I'm gone. Show me a dad who would. That's why I think President Trump ultimately stands for the 2A, regardless of short-term NRA-related shenanigans.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I think this may very well be his plan..... That's why I think President Trump ultimately stands for the 2A, regardless of short-term NRA-related shenanigans.

Trump doesn't have a "plan" with this stuff. It isn't a long term strategy, or some advanced 4D chess, or whatever.

It's exactly what everything he's ever done in his life has been: a decision made based on how he thinks he can grab power for himself in that instant. The winds were blowing against bumpstocks, so he went where the wind was blowing. When the winds were blowing for ERPOs, he was all about "take the guns first and due process later."

The guy is NO friend of the 2A, and there is no magic long term plan here. He will do whatever he can to get personal power. If that means that he says the right words to grab 2A votes, that's what he did. If that means banning bumpstocks and being pro ERPOs later, that's what he did. If it means appointing Bill Barr, who is an enemy of the 2A (voted for magazine restrictions and the AWB, and is the guy who actually wrote the 1990 import ban) that's what he did.

Remember, this is the guy who told us "As your President, I will never, ever infringe on the right of the people to keep and bear arms. Never ever."

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    The guy is NO friend of the 2A, and there is no magic long term plan here. He will do whatever he can to get personal power.

Just summed up the truth that is lost in the 20 something Trump nut-swinging threads that exist on this forum.

A GUN forum..... blindly and unashamedly defending a guy who could care less about the 2A.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Yup. I don’t trust DJT at all in regards to the 2A. If the Dems offered up an assault weapons ban, or national registry, or national red flag in exchange for the wall he’d be tweeting about it nonstop. It would effectively end either him or the GOP; I’m honestly surprised they haven’t done it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Yup. I don’t trust DJT at all in regards to the 2A. If the Dems offered up an assault weapons ban, or national registry, or national red flag in exchange for the wall he’d be tweeting about it nonstop. It would effectively end either him or the GOP; I’m honestly surprised they haven’t done it yet.

Didn't he already say something along the lines of take the guns first then due process second or something in that regard?

Under Trump we've seen no improvements on the federal level to the 2A, but here we are with another infringement. So far, he's done nothing to prove he supports the 2A

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    Unenforceable!
    Any unenforceable law just adds to discontent and disregard for authority.
    Unenforceable is ARBITRARY by definition.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Didn't he already say something along the lines of take the guns first then due process second or something in that regard?

Under Trump we've seen no improvements on the federal level to the 2A, but here we are with another infringement. So far, he's done nothing to prove he supports the 2A

Just like Hogan.

The alternatives were Hillary and Jealous, we really didn't have much choice, either time

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    Trump doesn't have a "plan" with this stuff. It isn't a long term strategy, or some advanced 4D chess, or whatever.

It's exactly what everything he's ever done in his life has been: a decision made based on how he thinks he can grab power for himself in that instant. The winds were blowing against bumpstocks, so he went where the wind was blowing. When the winds were blowing for ERPOs, he was all about "take the guns first and due process later."

The guy is NO friend of the 2A, and there is no magic long term plan here. He will do whatever he can to get personal power. If that means that he says the right words to grab 2A votes, that's what he did. If that means banning bumpstocks and being pro ERPOs later, that's what he did. If it means appointing Bill Barr, who is an enemy of the 2A (voted for magazine restrictions and the AWB, and is the guy who actually wrote the 1990 import ban) that's what he did.

Remember, this is the guy who told us "As your President, I will never, ever infringe on the right of the people to keep and bear arms. Never ever."

I wholeheartedly agree with this post, and I will still sprint to the polls to vote for him in 2020.

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    No one who isn't a die hard gun person cares about bump stocks. Those of us that do, either have one and like it, or we understand the slippery slope problem and refuse to budge one inch. Trump isn't a hard core gun guy regardless of how his kids feel. I'm willing to bet that Ivanka and Jared are not big gun people. So, saying that he would care what his kids think is kinda silly. He just wants to do what he thinks is right. On most issues, and most gun issues, he's on the money. But on this one, he just isn't as serious about guns as we are.

The Supreme Court is most likely going overturn a lot of this nonsense with a big caveat. They will likely allow states to impose pretty onerous training requirement and background checks. I've explained why I think that in other posts.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    On most issues, and most gun issues, he's on the money.

No, he is not. Other than his bluster and his now broken promises while he was on the campaign trail, every time he has done anything about guns since it has been to ban something, put gun controls in place, and nominate a guy for AG who believes in magazine limits, AWBs, and taking your guns away.

Trump is NOT pro 2A, and saying otherwise is willful disregard for the facts.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM

You’re correct. The only thing he has going for him, is he’s still less of a radical grabber than your average democrat.

To make it worse the only ones looking to face him in a primary are Kasich and Romney both RINOs and anti-2A themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom