are government employees no longer equal to citizens?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The HHS Office of Inspector General had 444 FLEOs. This force was armed with 1,061 pistols, 12 revolvers, 194 fully automatic firearms, 1 shotgun, and 2 rifles. It also had 541,864 pistol and revolver rounds. 386,952 fully automatic firearms rounds, 225 shotgun rounds, and 420 rifle rounds.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/articl...o-irs-had-4487-guns-5062006-rounds-ammunition

I ask, why the **** does HHS need 194 full auto machine guns? So they can enforce the Obamacare mandate? Rhetorically, of course.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    NIH Police, OIG's 1811 series Special Agents, etc, etc, etc...

Has nothing to do with any ******** conspiracy theories.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Haven't we been through this enough? A gun enthusiast site and your posting an article that refers to ammo as "fully automatic firearms rounds".

I'm sure those LEO's are deployed for site security, internal theft investigations, and other "task forces". .Gov has always been "spend it or lose it" so rounds are bought regardless of need.

Do you really think that .Gov is building a secret army to come and harm you or other citizens? If they were so inclined they would do it under .Mil purchases that no one would blink an eye to. Not for a few hundred LEO's in a unit.

But drink the Kool-Aid. I heard it was Egg-Nog flavored.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Haven't we been through this enough? A gun enthusiast site and your posting an article that refers to ammo as "fully automatic firearms rounds".

I'm sure those LEO's are deployed for site security, internal theft investigations, and other "task forces". .Gov has always been "spend it or lose it" so rounds are bought regardless of need.

Do you really think that .Gov is building a secret army to come and harm you or other citizens? If they were so inclined they would do it under .Mil purchases that no one would blink an eye to. Not for a few hundred LEO's in a unit.

But drink the Kool-Aid. I heard it was Egg-Nog flavored.

OP is less tin foil and more government spending woes?

And fully automatic bullet rounds for clips are very cheap and easy to come by at any sports store, no ID of course.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I think OP is less tin foil and more government spending woes.

Perhaps...I don't get the thread title then. Can citizens not purchase that amount of ammo? Can they not purchase firearms?

Every government budget I've been around has always been spend it or give it back and don't expect it next year. So one year you don't have as many qualifications or you don't have as many training sessions. I doubt anyone running that budget is going to knock off 8-15k rounds off of their request. They are just going to put it in the corner and go from there. And when the system says "no" you'll have it.

Obviously the system would run better if that wasn't the case. One would think a "needs based" system would be better. It is just not the case.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    And here I thought this was going to be a complaint about the government shutdown and furloughs.

You mean your boss doesn't expect you to work and not get paid. Or allows you to stay home and get back pay?

That's more of a "treating folks different" or a "waste of budget" if you ask me than a few guns and cases of ammo that sit around.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    damn, have to get me some of those fully automatic firearms rounds!!! never used a bumpstock but sounds like these do the same thing if not better!!

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Perhaps...I don't get the thread title then. Can citizens not purchase that amount of ammo? Can they not purchase firearms?

Not legally, we can't. New automatic firearms are banned for civilian purchase, counter to the 2A.

Just guessing that was the point.

Rob.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    HHS has 194 full auto firearms. Full auto, made after 1986. Somehow I think thats out of reach of the ordinary person who cam pass a 4473.

Oh my yeah the world is falling apart. I expect them at my door any minute to start the revolution....

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The Department of Education SWAT team weeps.

In 2010, the [Washington] Post’s Valerie Strauss reported that the Education Department was purchasing 27 Remington Brand Model 870 police 12-gauge shotguns to replace old firearms used by Education’s Office of Inspector General, which is the law enforcement arm of the department. DoE said the guns were necessary to help enforce “waste, fraud, abuse, and other criminal activity involving Federal education funds, programs, and operations.”

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'd be more concerned about the weapons grade stupidity found in some of these threads.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Right here : The kind of complacency that allows people to get comfortable with banning semi- auto firearms.

Yup load up on your tin foil.

Oh perhaps I realize if .Gov is coming it is coming via .Mil.

How else do you hide the amount of equipment and technology it would take? You think a few hundred thousand rounds...or even a million here or there held by these .LE agencies is going to over take American citizens?

Would anyone bat an eye at .Mil storing millions of rounds or thousands of guns? Nope not at all. It's insane to think they would hide it in a .LE purchase.

But have it. Must be a miserable life thinking everyone is coming for you.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Yup load up on your tin foil.

Oh perhaps I realize if .Gov is coming it is coming via .Mil.

How else do you hide the amount of equipment and technology it would take? You think a few hundred thousand rounds...or even a million here or there held by these .LE agencies is going to over take American citizens?

Would anyone bat an eye at .Mil storing millions of rounds or thousands of guns? Nope not at all. It's insane to think they would hide it in a .LE purchase.

But have it. Must be a miserable life thinking everyone is coming for you.

The success of a deterrent is defined by absence, much like the success of a vaccine. Is the gov not coming because government employees are angels? No: its precisely because it will take more than a few million rounds to "over take American citizens."

Which arms are ok to protect Supreme Court justices and politicians, but not ordinary citizens? Its only a thin line between protecting ones life and protecting ones power. I guess you are right, a South American style coup just cant happen here, right? Not with the orange fascist in charge, definitely! Orange fascist is :sarcasm: btw. Except on MSNBC.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    The success of a deterrent is defined by absence, much like the success of a vaccine. Is the gov not coming because government employees are angels? No: its precisely because it will take more than a few million rounds to "over take American citizens."

Which arms are ok to protect Supreme Court justices and politicians, but not ordinary citizens? Its only a thin line between protecting ones life and protecting ones power. I guess you are right, a South American style coup just cant happen here, right? Not with the orange fascist in charge, definitely! Orange fascist is :sarcasm: btw. Except on MSNBC.

How do you get through life passing every cop on the road thinking they are coming for you.

Must be hard.

Seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom