• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Exuberon

Aug 8, 2017
    Southern Virginia
    More delays for many of us awaiting silencers and other NFA items.....

The National Firearms Act Trade & Collectors Association warned that the examiners assigned to the NFA Division of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives “are deemed non-essential personnel and are not working during the shutdown.” While a “skeleton crew” is working Form 5’s for law enforcement and military transfers, and some electronic Form 3s, used to document transfers between FFLs, “There are currently no Form 4’s or Form 1’s being processed.”

https://www.guns.com/news/2018/12/2...nt-shutdown-may-thicken-red-tape-on-nfa-items

Day 230+ awaiting my Form 4 individual (check cashed in May).....this is now getting ridiculous in so many different ways.:mad54:

Exuberon

Aug 8, 2017
    Southern Virginia
    Now that the holidays are over (...well most start back to work Wednesday the 3rd); has anyone tried calling their processor/examiner for a status update on their application?

I have heard variety of results (good & bad) when doing this......really was hoping to have my 10/22 ISB for Xmas. Maybe Easter?:tdown:

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I have called just a few days ago. Person answering said go to the eforms website and click ask the experts.

No response.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    My SIL is a fed LE just starting out. Left a higher paying job to take this one and they moved across the country, he and my daughter are living struggling paycheck to paycheck as they get re-established. And now they are living paycheck to no-paycheck, save hers which isn't that much. So glad the dems are fighting so hard for easy border access by illegals and criminals.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I bought from silencershop. This is what is under my account:

Form 3: Disposed to Dealer On 10/30/2018
    Form 4 (Single Shot): Tax Stamp Cashed on 9/25/2018

So which date do I reference from. 10/30 or 9/25?

According to their chart I'm looking at 260ish days. So, I guess, 30 days is splitting hairs.

rhott25

Nov 17, 2018
    I called last week to find out the status of my SBR NFA form 4. A week before the government shutdown BATFE had a question for my FFL dealer, which my FFL dealer replied promptly. I called to confirm that they received the letter, but at that point the government shutdown was in full swing.
    They have the operators standing by, but the approvers are at home.

Afdiesel

Mar 7, 2013
    Middletown
    Makes sense.... I buy an HK G3 on an e-form three, 24 hour turnaround. It’s going to take as long to get approved as a paper form now. Stupid shut down.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Do we know if they are back tomorrow? I'm hoping silencershop.com gets their form 1 service up soon so I can get going on attaching a 10.5" upper to my current rifle lower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom