Are AR-15 Rifles a Public Safety Threat?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Meanwhile back at Post #29 , and G&P's observations .

I occasionally recieve mild grief for being unabashed Single Issue Voter . But as G&P points out , positions on Gun Rights are by far the best Litmus Test for small government , personal freedom, and following the Constitution .

Moderately strong correlation to also being " conservative " . But there are " pro- business neo-cons " who are anti- gun , and pro-gun libertarians .

If we were in someplace like Texas , we would have the delema of long time supporters strongly backing Shall Issue vs ideological purists favoring Con Carry . But we aren't faced with those " problems " .

As much as I don't like it in the abstract, I'd rather have a relatively easy shall-issue permit system than a concarry where liberals can whine that "unlicensed, untrained people can carry loaded guns in public." We have limited resources, and this just isn't a fight that I think is worth picking at this point.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    When it comes up in conversation, and the response to under 2% is: "well the big school shootings" make sure to state the fact that the largest fatality school shooting ever in the US was Virginia tech with handgun. So it s not speculation that that handgun is better at killing more, it is a fact. At Va-tech Cho was able to tuck handgun in his clothes very easily and move from target area to fresh target area, even walking past campus security running around. There is no evidence whatsoever that AR-15 would be more fatal in any school shootings since we already now the worst one was with handgun.

Exactly, and I've made that point to liberals many times. A rifle's advantage over a handgun is in its accuracy and range. Other than in Las Vegas, not a single mass shooting in recent history would not have been just as deadly with a Glock 19 and a bunch of magazines. Mass shooters like ARs because they're emotionally disturbed and the rifles look scary, but that's not to say that these people won't use a substitute if an AR is not available. They certainly will, as history dictated.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yup , Bath school explosion.
    The other was Happyland Social Club, NYC.

And the attempted shool ( college) mass shooting that was stopped before becoming " mass" by intervention of armed students was Appalachian School of Law in Virginia .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom