• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    I got an email from SilencerShop today stating the ATF cashed my check yesterday 1/4.

If they aren’t processing applications right now why are they cashing checks? Even though I paid with a credit card.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I got an email from SilencerShop today stating the ATF cashed my check yesterday 1/4.

If they aren’t processing applications right now why are they cashing checks? Even though I paid with a credit card.

I also got an email saying my check was cashed 1/4/19

I guess that’s something, now the wait begins

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

That's because all of the financial parts of the transaction aren't handled by ATF, they're handled by Bank of America. When you mail a check, it goes to BoA (down in GA IIRC) who process it and then forward the F1 / F4 on to Martinsburg for ATF to handle. Likewise with CC transactions - they're processed by BoA first and then the form goes to ATF.

So your payment is done, and now the paperwork will sit until Trump is done with his tantrum.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    That's because all of the financial parts of the transaction aren't handled by ATF, they're handled by Bank of America. When you mail a check, it goes to BoA (down in GA IIRC) who process it and then forward the F1 / F4 on to Martinsburg for ATF to handle. Likewise with CC transactions - they're processed by BoA first and then the form goes to ATF.

So your payment is done, and now the paperwork will sit until Trump is done with his tantrum.

Well I for one can wait years for my can of it means we get money for the wall and border security. I hope trump never reopens the government, my drive is so much nicer right now.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Snippet of an Email I got on Friday from NFA branch

Attachments

• 103F7832-B479-46B6-A3D1-C05A521DC707.jpeg
      103F7832-B479-46B6-A3D1-C05A521DC707.jpeg
      45.2 KB · Views: 378

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016

SilencerShop sends them a check for the tax stamp.

The unnerving thing is the posts on NFATracker.com. Some people are on day 500+ using a trust.

Looks like I choose poorly and should have gone individual.

Dream

May 22, 2017
    Maryland
    They are not currently processing any forms during the shutdown.

Just received that info via email yesterday that they are running a limited staff.

Thank you, Good to know! I called the ATF This morning before seeing this post and received the same " It's processing" message. It is ironic they couldn't have just given me the update you did.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Thank you, Good to know! I called the ATF This morning before seeing this post and received the same " It's processing" message. It is ironic they couldn't have just given me the update you did.

Mine was via email when posted in “ask the experts”

Where used to get a response in less than 24 hrs, this response took over a week.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

The unnerving thing is the posts on NFATracker.com. Some people are on day 500+ using a trust.

I wonder if those 500+ day people have a lot of trustees. That is ridiculous. There has to be more to the story.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have like three stamps in progress right now, plus I'm gonna need a form 3 for the "free" SiCo Octane45K I got before the form 4 happens. At this rate, I'll see them at like the end of the year if I'm lucky.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region

I wonder if those 500+ day people have a lot of trustees. That is ridiculous. There has to be more to the story.

500+ days is ridiculous! My most recent approval from cashed check was 220 days. It was Individual on a Form 4.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Trump walked out of the latest meeting. This is going to go on for a long time. The moderate Repubs are going to capitulate and force Trump to veto then he will be in a tough spot.

I'm guessing we will need to add 90 days to the wait

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Trump walked out of the latest meeting. This is going to go on for a long time. The moderate Repubs are going to capitulate and force Trump to veto then he will be in a tough spot.

I'm guessing we will need to add 90 days to the wait

I don't think the Senate will get 60 votes to pass a budget without money for the wall. Remember, they need President Trump in 2020. This would not be a good spot to go against him. You saw what it was like for those Never Trump Congress Critters in 2018. I see President Trump as a strong willed leader and if the Demwits think they can hold their breath and kick up a storm in order to get what they want, I think it's going to be a very long, drawn out shutdown.

The shutdown is proving that a bigger government isn't needed. Another win for President Trump.

Just one man's opinion.......

rhott25

Nov 17, 2018
    Waiting still:

Purchased my sbr on 4/28/2018 check cashed 5/15/2018 and still waiting. I called during the shutdown and the call center staff reported that no paperwork was being processed. I know AFT wanted to know total length of the sbr before shutdown and my ffl sent that to them. Still waiting. This is truly B.S to wait over 7 months after spending $2000 in the rifle and $200 to the AFT for the NFA process.

So here's my wrap up with my NFA request for SBR.

April 28, 2018 purchased my SBR
    May 15, 2018 check was cashed for NFA
    February 14, 2019 NFA approved
    February 26, 2019 FFL received approval
    Waiting for Marylands 7 day waiting period.

This will be last for this topic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom