• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    My LMT has Geisle trigger. After about 100 rounds, the trigger pin is starting to come out on the left side. Help!!!

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I agree....I suspect the hammer spring is upside down. The legs of the hammer spring should both lay flat on the trigger pin, and it will not come.out then. If you look down the receiver, and the hammer spring is not flat- but at an angle, you'll know it's upside down.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Spring is a possibility, so is an out of spec lower. If it's not the spring, buy a set of anti walking pins and you shouldn't have any other issues.

Good Luck!

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    I think I have the hammer spring oriented correctly. Does the trigger pin go in a certain way or does it even matter as long as the pin is in?

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Nope the pin Goes in either way.....I would have someone look at it....I myself don't use anti rotation pins, the pins are made to move and should be able to move around in their holes.....but not slide OUT or their holes.

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    My guess would be that the small circular spring included with the geissele was not used.

This is the trigger cutaway from Geissele's website. Which one is the circular pin? I also read their install guide and they didn't mention about a circular pin? What am I missing in here?

Attachments

• AR trigger.jpg
      AR trigger.jpg
      61.2 KB · Views: 285

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    I agree....I suspect the hammer spring is upside down. The legs of the hammer spring should both lay flat on the trigger pin, and it will not come.out then. If you look down the receiver, and the hammer spring is not flat- but at an angle, you'll know it's upside down.

Lay flat when the hammer is cocked?

EDIT: I think I see now what is wrong. The short leg that catches the hammer, the leg should be coming from the top of the hammer pin. Mine is coming from the bottom on the hammer pin.

Attachments

• AR trigger2.jpg
      AR trigger2.jpg
      29.1 KB · Views: 252

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    The clip I was speaking about is actually on the hammer so that won't help you. I think the SSA went away from the spring clip for the hammer pin, but this is what I was talking about.

G2S_03.jpg

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood

Thanks for this. You are right. The long legs are not flat on the trigger pin. I'll take it apart when I get back home tonight.

Thanks..

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    I don't know about an LMT/Geisel but installed correctly the trigger pin can't walk out. Hope this helps

Thank you so much. My SSA trigger pin has been walking for years and the "out of spec receiver" answer I have seen on other forums wasn't very helpful on a MD pre-ban lower. I even bought another (pricey) set of Geissele pins. And this instantly did the job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Spring is a possibility, so is an out of spec lower. If it's not the spring, buy a set of anti walking pins and you shouldn't have any other issues.

Good Luck!

not recommended with geissele(sp) triggers. I use them on do not get me wrong but on most other triggers and you have to be careful when installing you do not want stainless steel in contact with bare aluminum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom