• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JustDucky1

May 15, 2017
    SOMD
    I didn't see this coming. All of sudden, I'm CA bound. Family demands, and (though I might sacrifice a mother-in-law) the wife, daughter and granddaughter justify it all.
    So set your pity aside and advise please. What should I preserve of my C&Rs: Mosin- Nagant and Radon P64, shotgun Remington 870, and pistols Sig P938 and Mosquito?
    I've read up on moving to CA with weapons, though using an FFL01 sounds expensive and logistically difficult.
    Main question: Sell here, then acquire there ?
    All advise welcome, as long as the abuse for moving to CA is in good sport...

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    not knowing the specifics of CA laws but reportedly just as bad or worse than MD, do you have the option of driving them or putting them with your personal belongings to ship?

jrwhitt

May 27, 2012
    Your already possesed firearms (with the exception of any "Assualt Weapons") are fine. Don't sell - infact buy before you move if there are guns you want that aren't on the roster now. CA's laws primarly work on the sale and not possession - so anything you have when you move there you (mostly) can register.

For example you can't purchase the P938 any more in CA - but you can bring yours with you.

For specific details as the previous poster mentions go to Calguns - I escaped last year and am not totally current on the new regs.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Well since this in the giveaways section........I'll take them all.PM me to tell me when/where to pick em up.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    When you take the sub-forum this was posted in into consideration, I nominate this for the strangest 1st post ever! :crazy:

Handgunner

May 8, 2017
    I have some friends living out in Cali. At least they are able to get a CCW permit...MD is messed up.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    Man I am sorry to hear about moving to CA.

Here is a calguns.NET link to some info you will need.

Moving to CA? Read these FAQ articles from the Calguns Foundation Wiki
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=741530

Sell any detachable mags > 10 rounds as you pass through a free state like VA. You cannot have any 50 caliber or larger bore firearms. I think any semi auto rifle is banned if it has a pistol grip or a thumb hole stock. You need to do some studying, there are too many restrictions there. :mad54: Oh and if you can, buy your ammo now and move it there with you. Also be careful not to get caught going to a free state gun show or shop just over the border. I've heard Cal cops use tag readers and wait to nab you coming back into the state with your goodies. This is the type of infringement we need to resist ever getting here in MD.

If you think the move may be temporary, and you have banned items you want to keep, maybe get a storage locker in NV?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I wear more tin foil than that!

Sorry, they haven't made this into an emoji yet...

Tinfoil-Suit-cropped.jpg

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    NV has become CA. Full of big govtfreedom hating liberals,

I have a close friend who moved there. he wishes he had gone to ID

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads