• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I bought one of these years ago and am getting around to building a rifle from it. It did not cost much, just going to make a plinker out of it. Issue is of course matching a milled lower to most uppers. I have plenty of Anderson uppers but they do not match up/look right. Has anyone else built a rifle using a SWAT lower, and if so, what upper did you use. SWAT sells a milled upper for $189, too much to spend on a plinker. Thanks for any info you have.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I bought one of these years ago and am getting around to building a rifle from it. It did not cost much, just going to make a plinker out of it. Issue is of course matching a milled lower to most uppers. I have plenty of Anderson uppers but they do not match up/look right. Has anyone else built a rifle using a SWAT lower, and if so, what upper did you use. SWAT sells a milled upper for $189, too much to spend on a plinker. Thanks for any info you have.
    I would be interested in this info as well. I have a pre 2013 ban SWAT lower that works okay with Aero and Stag uppers, but magazines are a pain in the rear to insert. Function is reliable, but the amount of fiddling with magazines that is required to get them to insert makes it overall a no go. I have been putting off ordering an upper for a long time, but unless anyone has any better ideas I guess I'm stuck with a $200 upper.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I might just give up and buy an Anderson lower to go with the Anderson uppers I have. Thus, requiring the rifle to have a heavy barrel. No big deal, won't be in Maryland too much longer.

cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    I used a SWAT lower and used AERO Precision .300 blackout barrel and AERO upper. Works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom