Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Handguns
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old January 12th, 2019, 09:02 AM #1

Sig P365 12RD VS GLOCK 43X

Can anyone provide information on this comparison? I assume they will be very similar. I dont think i would mind the added thickness to the 43x and i assume it would be absolutely possible for the aftermarket companies to make a magazine to fit in the 43x that would hold 12 or 13 rounds easily...
Dizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2019, 08:29 PM #2

Hi Dizzle. People are already writing about the two new glocks, the 43x and the 48. the 43x is a 43 with a lengthened grip about an inch and a Single stack 10 rd mag. The 48 is a 43x with a lengthened slide. I would think the x is a bit harder to conceal with the longer butt, but is the x thicker than the 43? Idoubt you would notice much of a difference in thickness for carry bewtween the 43 and the 365. It’s nominal. I have shot the 365 and picking it up cold it points nicely and i shot it fine on steel, rapid fire. If you get either, write up your experience.
Old January 12th, 2019, 10:36 PM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorros View Post
Hi Dizzle. People are already writing about the two new glocks, the 43x and the 48. the 43x is a 43 with a lengthened grip about an inch and a Single stack 10 rd mag. The 48 is a 43x with a lengthened slide. I would think the x is a bit harder to conceal with the longer butt, but is the x thicker than the 43? Idoubt you would notice much of a difference in thickness for carry bewtween the 43 and the 365. Itís nominal. I have shot the 365 and picking it up cold it points nicely and i shot it fine on steel, rapid fire. If you get either, write up your experience.
If I was lucky enough to have a CCW I would carry a 43 with TLR6, mag would be stock length with Magguts insert (7 rounds) and a GeePlate base plate. Back up mags would have Vickers +2 on them (8 rounds). I have a friend experimenting at the range with the 43 mags, Magguts spring and Vickers +2 that fits 9 rounds, he wants to run at least 500 rounds through each before declaring them a success.
Ammo Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 10:14 AM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammo Jon View Post
If I was lucky enough to have a CCW I would carry a 43 with TLR6, mag would be stock length with Magguts insert (7 rounds) and a GeePlate base plate. Back up mags would have Vickers +2 on them (8 rounds). I have a friend experimenting at the range with the 43 mags, Magguts spring and Vickers +2 that fits 9 rounds, he wants to run at least 500 rounds through each before declaring them a success.
What are your thoughts on the Taran Tactical mags? Seems to be a deal considering how much a Glock or Shield mag is by itself. Then TT max extender/base plates come in purtier colors to boot.
kmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 10:21 AM #5

Have both - they are both great shooters with a very slight deference to the Glock 43 with a Ghost connector. Both have a high vis front sight. The P365 has been quite reliable - no issues with over 500 rnds through it.
Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 10:22 AM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb View Post
What are your thoughts on the Taran Tactical mags? Seems to be a deal considering how much a Glock or Shield mag is by itself. Then TT max extender/base plates come in purtier colors to boot.
Iíve not heard anything bad about them at all, a bit pricey and probably a bit heavier than the Vickers (I like the Vickers because they match the color and look of the gun and remind me of what a Glock+2 would look like).

For the main mag I think the Magguts with the GeePlate is ideal because itís as short as stock but with extra capacity and the GP really makes it feel like a bigger gun.
Old January 13th, 2019, 11:52 AM #7

What is the height of the P365 with the 12 round magazine and what is the height of the 43x? Are they the same or similar?
Old January 13th, 2019, 12:39 PM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle View Post
What is the height of the P365 with the 12 round magazine and what is the height of the 43x? Are they the same or similar?
I recently watched a video comparison between these two, very similar, the p365 was slightly smaller in every dimention,
NebTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 01:28 PM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NebTim View Post
I recently watched a video comparison between these two, very similar, the p365 was slightly smaller in every dimention,
Do you have a link to the video or can you share the title? I would like to watch. Thank you
Old January 13th, 2019, 01:30 PM #10

I find the 365 similar to the 42, just a bit too small for me.

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Handguns