Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old January 12th, 2019, 05:52 PM #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob A View Post
Never forget that your lawmakers and their staff exempted themselves from ACA Obamacare.

Lawmakers are also exempt (by their own hand, such a surprise) from insider trading laws. They can use information they acquire from their position to buy and sell stocks. Lowly citizens go to jail for this, if they get caught.

I fixed the quote "Never forget that your lawmakers and their staff exempted themselves from ACA Obamacare while having you pay for their insurance. "

Don't forget, they are representing the interest of the people when they make these rules.
randomuser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2019, 07:03 PM #32
Crank in the Third Row

Crank in the Third Row

Quote:
Never forget that your lawmakers and their staff exempted themselves from ACA Obamacare.

Lawmakers are also exempt (by their own hand, such a surprise) from insider trading laws. They can use information they acquire from their position to buy and sell stocks. Lowly citizens go to jail for this, if they get caught.
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomuser View Post
I fixed the quote "Never forget that your lawmakers and their staff exempted themselves from ACA Obamacare while having you pay for their insurance. "

Don't forget, they are representing the interest of the people when they make these rules.
Another pre-Civil War tidbit:

Those creatures cannot be arrested while Congress is in session.

Public servants my a**.

Dark to Light; sheep no more. WWG1WGA WWNC
#MorePatriotsThanHandcuffs
BeoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2019, 07:06 PM #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomuser View Post

Thanks for the modification. It underscores their true mindset.

They do represent "the people" in their rulemaking; the people who count, in their view: the rule makers.

"Forget it, Jake, it's C̶h̶i̶n̶a̶t̶o̶w̶n̶ Maryland."

Originally Posted by Deep Lurker:
Quote:
Disclaimer: “No criminals will be harmed in the passage of these gun control bills.”
Bob A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 02:12 AM #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1841DNG View Post
In the grand traditions of idiots proposing nonsensical trades on sports forums, I hereby propose that we trade Chicago, Seattle, and Portland to Canada in exchange for Alberta and a small slice of British Columbia or the Northwest territories to physically connect Alaska to the lower 48. Then trade I-5 west from San Francisco to San Diego to Mexico for a territory to be named later and some delicious juevos rancheros.
I was going to say trading SoCal to Mexico, for free, sounded like a good idea. Then I remembered it would mean giving Hollywood away.

Then it seemed like an even better idea.
"I have been scientifically studying the traits and dispositions of the 'lower animals' (so-called), and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me." -Mark Twain, 1896.
zoostation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 02:14 AM #35

Quote:
Thanks for the modification. It underscores their true mindset.

They do represent "the people" in their rulemaking; the people who count, in their view: the rule makers.
Yes, just like the view that they are idiots for pushing gun control. They aren't idiots, they know exactly what goal they are pursuing. It just isn't public safety.
"I have been scientifically studying the traits and dispositions of the 'lower animals' (so-called), and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me." -Mark Twain, 1896.
zoostation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 07:12 AM #36
In a State of Denial

In a State of Denial

And a few so called 2A people here are surrender monkeys who have already thrown in the towel.
Old January 16th, 2019, 02:11 PM #37

Just wait until more states adopt per gun and per round taxes. Illinois and some other municipalities have already adopted these "gun taxes." Even if guns/ammo are still legal, if they are taxed heavily enough, they will become a privilege for only the wealthy
artbart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 12:34 PM #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odarlin1 View Post
This is quickly devolving into what promises to be a very nasty war over a fundamental right that, according to the firearms community, people like Cuomo and Senators Dianne Feinstein and Charles Schumer want to turn into a heavily-regulated privilege, complete with bans on whole classes of firearms they don’t like.

https://bit.ly/2VJnrjg
Lest we forget Swalwell or ($#twell) saying either we comply or they'll nuke us in not so many words. Really Democrats, you want them come get and try to get them, enough is enough already. BRING IT!
lemmdus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 12:50 PM #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odarlin1 View Post
Would love to hear your suggestions on how to abort these efforts by the Government?
Here in the Democratic People's Republic of Maryland, very little can be done outright. However, here are several ideas I have brought up before and that I am doing. 1) Register as a Democrat and vote against the incumbent in the primary. Many times these grabbers get renominated by a slight margin. When they lose write and tell them it was their stance on guns Also, when you write them they will find out if you are Democrat or not and will respond if you are and ignore if you are not. 2) Support MSI and all legal challenges to MD laws in the courts, that is the only way we will win anything here right now. 3) Take someone shooting, your kids or a friend. You don't have to be a hunter to enjoy the sport of shooting. Education and experience and memories will help. My son and I stop for lunch on the way out and a treat on our way back.

Anything and everything people can do to protect our 2nd Amendment right should be supported.
lemmdus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 12:59 PM #40
Crank in the Third Row

Crank in the Third Row

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmdus View Post
Here in the Democratic People's Republic of Maryland, very little can be done outright. However, here are several ideas I have brought up before and that I am doing. 1) Register as a Democrat and vote against the incumbent in the primary. Many times these grabbers get renominated by a slight margin. When they lose write and tell them it was their stance on guns Also, when you write them they will find out if you are Democrat or not and will respond if you are and ignore if you are not. 2) Support MSI and all legal challenges to MD laws in the courts, that is the only way we will win anything here right now. 3) Take someone shooting, your kids or a friend. You don't have to be a hunter to enjoy the sport of shooting. Education and experience and memories will help. My son and I stop for lunch on the way out and a treat on our way back.

Anything and everything people can do to protect our 2nd Amendment right should be supported.
Excellent strategies!

Dark to Light; sheep no more. WWG1WGA WWNC
#MorePatriotsThanHandcuffs
BeoBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues