• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    My dad saw last week what he thinks was a coyote hit on 83 between Belfast and Mt Carmel exits. He has seen one or 2 hit in that same area in the past, and I saw one hit there once myself. Another was hit on 439 some years back. And yet another was found next to rt 851 over in PA in York county, near Deer Creek rd- that was last winter.

Yes, it's a coyote. Don't step over it 3 times, or it will come back to life LOL. Also be aware that werecoyotes might be in Freeland in N Balto co. They like this bridge over a little stream, and to scare 19 year old gals.

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    Coyotes have been known to attack people, specifically children if I'm not mistaken.

I believe they are in season all year in MD, but I would verify that.

that is what I was wondering, I just would think if they show up in a residential area they are desperate for food or not afraid of humans, its a bad combo when children are out and about. Esp. in the summer. By no means do I advocate just killing an animal just because, but if it exhibits dangerous behavior it is nice to know the restrictions if any. It is a safety question really.

Chiaroscuro

Far from the Usual
    Jun 27, 2012
    Glen Arm
    that is what I was wondering, I just would think if they show up in a residential area they are desperate for food or not afraid of humans, its a bad combo when children are out and about.

I wouldn't bet that they are desperate for food. Coyotes are scavengers and are pretty willing to eat just about anything. If the residential area has a lot of food scraps left out and about they'll take that. They also will go after small animals and rodents, and just about anything else that is edible. I suspect that the residential coyotes are quite fat and happy!

atomics20

Nov 5, 2011
    Bethesda
    I moved to MD last September.
    Back home in Yonkers NY (which boarders the bronx) i've seen coyotes on 3 occasions.

I no the difference between a fox and coyote. They is huge size difference.

So I dont see why its not possible that u guys see coyotes down here

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom