• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steelnation36

Jul 21, 2011
    Im new to the forum and relatively new to shotguns. Im looking to buy my first shotgun. Im on a tight budget so im going to go used and most likely go with the Remington 870. Ive heard to many good things about them as first shotguns and the price is right.

Im looking for some advice on shops around baltimore, towson area or within a 20mile or so radius. Any good shops that sell used guns at good prices. Shops with staff that are helpful and friendly unlike many shops ive been in is a plus.

Thanks for you help in advance, and any other advice is more than welcome as well.

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    I bought a Mossberg 500 couple of years ago at the Timonium gun show for $ 80. I brought a friend with me and he said it looked like it hadn't had many rounds through it.

Steelnation36

Jul 21, 2011
    yea to bad i missed the timonium gun show i live within walking distance. the next ones not till october i think. Ive heard people get great deals there though.

Steelnation36

Jul 21, 2011
    Ill be buying my first shotgun so im definitely not set on any one gun. But i want a longer bbl that 18.5" from everything ive read thats mainly HD. I just said the 870 cause it seems a consensus as a reliable inexpensive all around great first gun. Ive been reading for weeks now.

But im always open to ideas and suggestions as most everyone on here has more experience and knowledge. Im here to learn.

Sirex