• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    Having just moved to NJ and having just applied for a FID card, I realize just how good the bad was in Maryland. Because having a C&R in NJ gets you treated like you are an FFL in the business of buying and selling guns, I turned in my C&R to the ATF and requested it to be cancelled. To just place an order and have a firearm delivered to my door...how cool was that, but not in this anti-gun state. I'm suffering from a gun shortage, but just the same, I've got to get out of here...

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Can you move across the line to PA?

I hate Jersey, looked at a job up there a while back but made sure I could commute from PA.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Having just moved to NJ and having just applied for a FID card, I realize just how good the bad was in Maryland. Because having a C&R in NJ gets you treated like you are an FFL in the business of buying and selling guns, I turned in my C&R to the ATF and requested it to be cancelled. To just place an order and have a firearm delivered to my door...how cool was that, but not in this anti-gun state. I'm suffering from a gun shortage, but just the same, I've got to get out of here...

We've often tried to tell people that, but no one ever listens.
    MD has some serious BS, but it certainly doesn't fall dead last, and we have a strong gun owning community that has managed to keep things from getting worse for the last 7 or 8 years.

Hopefully your time in NJ won't be long.

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    Misprint on my OP, I am NOT suffering from a gun shortage, but I can never have too many. I just bought an AWB RR National Match upper to complete my Spike's lower that I bought on a group buy a while back. Commuting from PA is not an option for my wife so I'll just have to deal with NJ for a while. I miss my AK's and my HK G3 and my YHM suppressor that I left with my bro in VA for safe keeping. This is not a permanent relocation; it does have a very large positive economic impact on my family which far outweighs my temporary loss in gun rights.

JOBU

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2010
    STALAG Montgomery
    Our new state motto? "Welcome to maryland... Atleast its not jersey"

New Jersey's new motto:

"Yo! Our Criminals have the guns; Our Land is Polluted; Our Cities are decrepit; Our Schools suck; Our Local Politicians are all crooked. We want to move into your state and turn it into NJ!"

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    I'd think that losing your 2nd Amendment Rights would be the least of your worries about living in Jersey... 'Cause dat's da situashun.

mike-2.jpeg

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    I've got a lot of family in Southern NJ (Cape May), they are always after me to move up there. Guns are my reason for staying here.

Ain't noway I'm going through the shit they do, plus I'd have to sell 1/2 my collection to live there.

My wife even knows the states I won't move to based on guns.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    We've often tried to tell people that, but no one ever listens.
    MD has some serious BS, but it certainly doesn't fall dead last, and we have a strong gun owning community that has managed to keep things from getting worse for the last 7 or 8 years.

Hopefully your time in NJ won't be long.

:thumbsup:

I tell my customers the same thing when they start complaining about MD's gun laws; not to mention NY, MA, HI, and especially CA. I think some of them probably doubt me when I tell them about CA's laws.

JAGGUY

Nov 4, 2009
    Peoples Republik
    :thumbsup:

I tell my customers the same thing when they start complaining about MD's gun laws; not to mention NY, MA, HI, and especially CA. I think some of them probably doubt me when I tell them about CA's laws.

OK Lou, what's so bad about Cali that someone wouldn't believe?

fogman

Not to hijack the post, but my favorite California law is the waiting period for EVERYTHING. During the Rodney King riots the police and fire department pulled out of the bad areas of LA because they were being targeted. Alot of people ran out to their local shop to buy something to protect themselves. They ran into California's 5 day wait. By the time their waiting period was up they were either dead and/or their home/business had been looted and burned. The only people who kept what they owned and stayed alive were the Korean shop owners who sat on their rooftops armed, ready and willing to protect themselves.

JOBU

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2010
    STALAG Montgomery
    The only people who kept what they owned and stayed alive were the Korean shop owners who sat on their rooftops armed, ready and willing to protect themselves.

Yep. Will never forget the non-Korean stores getting gutted by the riff-raff, and across the street the Koreans, with their weapons locked/loaded, most of them veterans of 3 years of military service in the South Korean military, just looking at the "hood rats" with no fear in their eyes. Before that I had always looked at the Korean storeowners as a rapacious, surly bunch. After that....I understood that behavior and came to admire them for their courage and willingness to protect their "American Dream". That's my kind of "New Americans".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom