US House Redistricting 2012: plan to lump Rockville/Gaithersburg in with western MD

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Martin O'Malley received 647,000 votes from 4 voting districts (Baltimore County, Baltimore City, Prince George's County and Montgomery County)

Robert Ehrlich received 776,000 votes from 24 voting districts.

Majority of Dems would be an understatement. When you get 88% of the vote in a county that has 230,000 voters its not too hard. (Prince George's)

My point being that the defense that it is only a few super crazy liberal democrats doesn't cut the mustard. People are voting these Marxist scum into office. Moderate/conservative leaning Dems should take responsibility for themselves at least and leave the party that left them a long time ago.

And for the record, I am not a republican and never have been.

lotofpez

Feb 10, 2011
    Cumberland
    I agree with the watering down of the vote. Its a few crazys that run democrat and people who have been told to vote the party line for so longthey just vote for whatever democrat is in the ballot.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    The problem as I as I see it is that it needs to be non political how the district lines are drawn even if it does favor one side or another. They should not be curved and manipulated but drawn on simple population alone. Maryland has 8 districts and say for ease of math 5 million people. So start from the left or right hand side of the state and draw boxes containing 625,000 people then move to the next box.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    The problem as I as I see it is that it needs to be non political how the district lines are drawn even if it does favor one side or another. They should not be curved and manipulated but drawn on simple population alone. Maryland has 8 districts and say for ease of math 5 million people. So start from the left or right hand side of the state and draw boxes containing 625,000 people then move to the next box.

stop it! you're making sense. that would mke it soo much harder for them to manipulate the system!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerrymandering

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    stop it! you're making sense. that would mke it soo much harder for them to manipulate the system!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerrymandering

I know that sorry I have a analytical mind and things should be empirically based on observable evidence anything that is decided based on emotion is flawed to begin with. I will concede victory of any political faction as long as the outcome is based on facts and not emotions.

Well that's enough making sense for one night back to normal MDS BS. :D

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    You just lost almost every single politician in Maryland. They are all running to dictionaries to look this up because not a single one of them have a clue what this means.

Why bother opening a dictionary when you can photoshop mbz into a photo of a San Francisco brothel and then quietly disseminate it throughout the state to destroy his credibility? Reading stuff is so much work.

JOBU

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2010
    STALAG Montgomery
    I'm being racially discriminated by this proposed gerrymandering. Any organization that needs a "plaintiff" in their lawsuit against this highly discriminatory gerrymandering is free to PM me.

Donna "Bankruptcy" Edwards is taking away my civil rights!!!

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    It isn't either/or with the redistricting ... the MD legislature is going for whole hog. No matter what else happens, I am certain Harris's current residence will be chopped out of the first district ... it doesn't belong there any way.

I fully expect Dr. Harris to change his legal residence to a condo in Ocean City after all the dust settles - and his old house is no longer in the 1st.

kharris

Aug 20, 2011
    Carroll County
    Any way to stop this?

The system's broken, but I still believe it can work. There are plenty of conservatives in this state. It's just that too many of them have just given up. I believe more people need to stand up, speak out, talk to friends, acquaintances and Democrats and get out and VOTE. :thumbsup::party29:

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    The Broadneck Peninsula (Arnold/Cape St. Claire) is lumped in with a non-connected Democratic majority in PG County. This isn't right! It's worse than gerymandering!

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    The system's broken, but I still believe it can work. There are plenty of conservatives in this state. It's just that too many of them have just given up. I believe more people need to stand up, speak out, talk to friends, acquaintances and Democrats and get out and VOTE. :thumbsup::party29:

sorry but if it didnt happen in 2010 it never will.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Typical MD Moron

Lilly41 opines on washington post

lilly41 wrote:Frankly, after listening to the scary rethoric of the current members of the Republican Party, I'm all for drawing the districts so these people have as iittle power as possible. Let's make Maryland totally blue!
    User ID:http://washingtonpost.com/FWPLH7Bh7yVwAG+EC+YS1sgoWI6YUHMFVlNQOUtKBgd/tT03sC7QkQ==/

basically Lilly41 wants to ruin MD like California. Raise propery taxes, sales taxes, corporate taxes,freebies for illegals, demonize & drive out the bio/tech companies and that's just getting started for Lilly41

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom