• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I agree. The MoCo types are much more refined than any of them southern boys.
    We get manicures, have poodles named fluffy, believe Barb Mikluski is our deity and we only eat an organic vegan diet. We are also the founders of the PRICK movement (Prius Driving Inspirational Conglomerate of Kinsmen)

I was with you until the Mikulski-as-Goddess crack. Then I knew you were FOS.

:D:D:D

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    but...I would like to have the ability to put a "regulated" arm in my vehicle (hidden and secured) for instances of defense when my handgun isn't enough to get me home.

The transport restrictions apply to handguns,(and sbs/sbrs) not "regulated" firearms. Carry away!

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    I'm assuming the "this will eventually go for rifles" is not about Patrick's wife (don't mess with her) but about Open Carrying of Rifles??

I believe this is currently a valid legal gray area in MD. A former sage here suggested such, that the prohibitions on carry are pertinent for handguns and do not reference rifles.

Other questions such as to/from the range and doing it on foot or a bicycle while carrying your arms are another gray area as it doesn't reference vehicles, only transport....

In another year, it would be worth testing the waters on this one in MD. Remember the gent in AZ with an AR on his back while the President was in town a year or so ago? This is not outside the norm of the "main stream" states.

It would be fun (someday) to park a mile from Sanners and walk the remaining distance with my Remington over my shoulder...I'm all about exploring the boundaries, however I'll just wait until one or two cases are under our belt...:innocent0

I'll have to dig up the various statutes pertaining first...

http://www.mdshooters.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13739&d=1260907978

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    The transport restrictions apply to handguns,(and sbs/sbrs) not "regulated" firearms. Carry away!

As long as you don't run afoul of any "place of public assembly safety zone" local MD laws, or the federal Gun Free School Zone law:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=648008&postcount=17
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=788862&postcount=12

As long as you are "transporting" them in a locked case then you shouldn't have to worry about either of those.

But I would be sure I only parked outside of those "zones."

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Not me, but have a blast. I don't see need to draw odd attention to ourselves at this time. Not sure what positive value it would have.

Not starting a flame (or another thread -- let someone else do that), just stating a minor opinion.

All that (little bit) said, I'd love to see the outcome. ;)

nighthawk2099

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2006
    Backwoods, SouthWest Arkansas
    I'm all for the idea and this is something for a different thread, but I would want an MSI or 2A savvy attorney on speed dial before this went down...:innocent0

Time for a trip to the Dairy Queen.

israeliwomensb2.jpg

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Not me, but have a blast. I don't see need to draw odd attention to ourselves at this time. Not sure what positive value it would have.

Not starting a flame (or another thread -- let someone else do that), just stating a minor opinion.

All that (little bit) said, I'd love to see the outcome. ;)
    Me neither...only once our right has been fully made available to us, and NOT for political statements.

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    and wait.

you know, im surprised that a state doesnt fall on its sword to keep it from becoming Constitutional law.

because they honestly think they can win and possibly to make discretionary permits the supreme law of the land.

Granted, to the rest of us this makes as much sense as Pelosi saying even Mon and Tues that "I think we are in a great position to keep the house".

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom