• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    People who "can't vote for Hogan" please explain two things.

1. Who do you think will win the general election?

2. How will this person be better than Hogan?

1. Hogan

2. The best part of anyone other than Hogan is, when they sign legislation taking away more of our rights, they'll do it without my vote or money..... I guess Hogan falls into that category too.

Bottom line, I refuse to support ANY candidate who so easily craps on our rights, regardless of their reason. I refuse to live in the "But the alternative is worse" world of politics.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Voting for Hogan was the last spoonful of poop that I'll be feeding myself in Maryland. I had been voting "R" for so long in hopes that we would get a decent Governor who valued the same things I did, or most of them anyhow. Then we finally get an R and he turns out not only not to be one, but to be a backstabber at that.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    The party looks at election results and sees where they lost votes.

I will not be voting for hogan and the party will see that RINO policies are not a winning strategy.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    THIS!!!

Why don't the people in the "Lesser of two evils" camp understand this????
    Because their are issues other than the 2nd amendment. Maryland will not elect a pro gun governor. Doesn't matter who you vote for or against... it ain't gonna happen.

Vote for the Republican and save yourself some money to be able to afford to drive to PA, VA or WV to buy your gun stuff.

Vote against the Republican party more taxes, have more "social programs", more liberal policies and lose more 2A issues and lose them quicker.

What you are suggesting is commonly referred to as 'throwing the baby out with the bath water'. A single issue, which will never have the popular support you seek, should not be enough for you to essentially sabotage the entire election...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Grabbers can suck it.

Hogan is a grabber. Jealous is a grabber

By the transitive property of sucking it, Hogan and Jealous can suck it.

Big difference is Jealous will sponsor the gun grabbing legislation and ram it through the legislature at the same time raping you on taxes.

We went 3 years with Hogan and no gun grabbing legislation made it through, as a matter of fact their were a couple minor reductions,sheel casing and better review board, it was guaranteed that the democraps were going to throw as much anti 2a stuff as they could this session and hope something stuck to use against Hogan during an election year.

Sure he could have vetoed those 2 bills but the democraps would have vetoed him, the laws would have gone in effect and they would be using the vetoes against him right now.

I'll take my chances with Hogan, he has done a lot of good for the state at the same time fighting a hostile legislature. I've got to live in this ******** state and I pray to god it isn't under Jealous.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Big difference is Jealous will sponsor the gun grabbing legislation and ram it through the legislature at the same time raping you on taxes.

We went 3 years with Hogan and no gun grabbing legislation made it through, as a matter of fact their were a couple minor reductions,sheel casing and better review board, it was guaranteed that the democraps were going to throw as much anti 2a stuff as they could this session and hope something stuck to use against Hogan during an election year.

Sure he could have vetoed those 2 bills but the democraps would have vetoed him, the laws would have gone in effect and they would be using the vetoes against him right now.

I'll take my chances with Hogan, he has done a lot of good for the state at the same time fighting a hostile legislature. I've got to live in this ******** state and I pray to god it isn't under Jealous.

Nope, not really, per the Maryland Constitution, any veto made in the last year of an election year, after the legislative session has ended, cannot be brought back in the first year of a new election cycle and over ridden.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Nope, not really, per the Maryland Constitution, any veto made in the last year of an election year, after the legislative session has ended, cannot be brought back in the first year of a new election cycle and over ridden.
    Wondering the effect that Jealous will have on Hogan. Will he move further to the left, or speak out against Jealous's policy platforms and for more limited government? He ran against increasing taxes last time, so I would expect consistency on this issue (and thus support of more limited government).

At the same time, Hogan's been doing his best to depress support from Trump voters, immigration control advocates, and 2A proponents in the state. Some might be political calculation, indifference towards these constituencies, etc. But Jealous is going to energize his base and be a more capable opponent than Brown (coming off of 8 years of O'Malley with people receptive to change). It's not like Trump voters, immigration control advocates, and 2A supporters are going to vote for Jealous, but I wonder if Hogan is going to make any effort to fire up these voters, or punt and hope that fear of Jealous will help with Republican turnout. I think this play-it-safe, adopt more left-leaning-positions strategy would be a mistake as some of these Democrats (that vote in polls that they like Hogan) will vote in the actual election for Jealous, if simply to send a message to Trump (while at the same time saying that Hogan is a nice guy).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mr H

Banana'd

In a discussion I had with a 'friendly' delegate, part of the concern was what the Steaming Pile of Frosh might have been able to do in opposition to any Pro bills that were signed.

Craig Wolf must win.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

They still would have used his veto during this fall campaign as potent fodder to defeat him and elect Jealous.

Then, who decides whether it's similar enough or the same legislation that's being "brought back" versus something different? There are lots of ways to skin a cat. With the Dems in full control in the MGA, AG office, and the governorship, they would. Right?

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD

Wasn't the bump stock ban passed with 7 days left? If so he has to pass or veto before the end of session and they can over ride his veto.
    The red flag he could have vetoed but they would be using it against him right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom