• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Bruh, in the past few months I've seen people with 2008-2011 join dates posting in the single digits. :crazy:

Because this is like Newtown all over again. The lurkers are coming here to find information.

Just received an orange post card in today's mail from the NRA. Maryland has proposed legislation to ban the POSSESSION of any mag greater than 10 rounds. If we let that get passed......

Give the long time members with low post counts, and the new members that just signed up this month some slack. We were all there once upon a time.

Merc1973

Jan 5, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    Because this is like Newtown all over again. The lurkers are coming here to find information.

Just received an orange post card in today's mail from the NRA. Maryland has proposed legislation to ban the POSSESSION of any mag greater than 10 rounds. If we let that get passed......

Give the long time members with low post counts, and the new members that just signed up this month some slack. We were all there once upon a time.

WTF?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Oh there is a super secret members section?

I just use optics planet to price match at bass pro anyway.

I have more pm's then I do postings ... need to remedy that :)

Saw this reported on TTAG last night. I bought several cargo pants from them through amazon and they sent me a catalog. Guess I can put it in the recycling bin.

Some of us just lurk. I joined in 2014 and this is my first post.

some of us are old and/or slow.....but we are waking up

Would you look at that. Comin out the woodwork like a mother. :lol:

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Sent them an email to cancel my Optics Planet account since their ridiculous policy of not selling standard size magazines.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Would you look at that. Comin out the woodwork like a mother. :lol:

Good. Let's hope we get another 100,000 just like them. Then, we will be in good shape.

One of my buddies left for Wisconsin last spring and after being in Alabama, Georgia, Colorado, and Canada, he said there would be absolutely no love lost over Maryland. He is having a great time in Wisconsin. He decided to move his entire business to Wisconsin.

Love of family can be painful sometimes.

I know another guy that left for Texas and now all he drives are huge Cadillacs. lol

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I'm guessing after the reaction they see, Optics Planet may relocate their corporate HQ to the north side of Lake-Cook Road, into Lake County. That gets them away from Cook County law, and into a more rational jurisdiction.

CHEF

May 25, 2011
    frederick Md
    Anyone else get this email today?

Thank you for reaching out to us, and giving us a chance to respond. We're aware of a recent rumor suggesting that we made decisions to restrict the sale of magazines with capacities greater than 10 rounds due to recent events.

We want to assure you this is not the case. Insufficient internal communication led to a misread message. We are not offering magazines with capacities greater than 10 rounds to the general public due to our location in Northbrook, Illinois, and local laws that limit our ability to sell these. Being an internet retailer serving fifty states can be complex at times, and frankly, our location in Illinois only adds to this complexity.

We may not always like the law, but we need to follow it.

You can see the ordinance in question here:

https://library.municode.com/il/coo...DEWEDE_DIV4BLHOASWEBA_S54-212ASWELAPAMASAPREX

At OpticsPlanet, we have never used the inflamed tensions and emotions of current events to drive decision making. Our support of the 2nd Amendment is made undeniably clear by the products we offer. We are one of the few online retailers who never stopped offering completely legal products based on public or political pressure. We do not raise prices during frenzies. We do, however, follow the laws and make adjustments when legally required.

While we wish we could be your provider of these magazines, our hands are tied in this matter. We sincerely apologize for our role in creating any confusion, and hope you'll continue to support us as many loyal customers have over the past 18 years.

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    Sent them an email to cancel my Optics Planet account since their ridiculous policy of not selling standard size magazines.
    Might want to go back and check the reason why they posted that. Optics Planet is based out of Cook County Illinois. They have never sold regular capacity mags......only ten round mags, due to their location. They are mandated by the state they do business in just like dealers here in Maryland.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Good. Let's hope we get another 100,000 just like them. Then, we will be in good shape.

One of my buddies left for Wisconsin last spring and after being in Alabama, Georgia, Colorado, and Canada, he said there would be absolutely no love lost over Maryland. He is having a great time in Wisconsin. He decided to move his entire business to Wisconsin.

Love of family can be painful sometimes.

I know another guy that left for Texas and now all he drives are huge Cadillacs. lol

I'm in Wisconsin. Face to face gun sales between individuals is ok. CC license is 30 bucks, lasts 5 years and takes a WEEK to receive after sending in the paperwork. No mag limits. No silly travel restrictions w firearms. Any gun legally sold can be purchased without bias against color or features. You can still buy rural land (out in the sticks) for 1000-1500 an acre. Can be a little nippy at times, but humidity is low in summer.

I shoot in my backyard several hundred rounds a week. (Legally).

Oh, FAMILY gun range membership is $20 a year.

Move to Wisconsin and taste freedom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom