• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    Why do all the symbols have a link on the right side except the one to help Isreal? I dont quite know what to make of this?

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I was pretty sure you were a participant, but having the link here will help someone. I'm sure it will linked up when one of the mods gets a enough coffee.

It has been there without a link for a long as it has been up. I hadn't said anything before but it frankly has always bugged me.

I actually haven't posted on this site for a rather long time cause I frankly got tired of most of the total BS that seemed to be going on.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Yes sir, we did. We were at the dock for an MSI open holster rally. You were nice to me even though I have my own brand of BS, ("I never trust anyone that doesn't drink")...remember?

There is plenty of BS on here, for sure. Since you left they put a new link at the top of the page, "New Posts, (No WC)"...which means, new posts (no water cooler). I'm here to learn and the new link has been a blessing in disguise. Hope you see you at another function.

ETA: And I'm a bicyclist using my own power to move ;)

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I was wondering where the hell you went my friend. I can tell you it's not an intentional slight, let me check and advise.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I dont think it is an intentional slight but I am sure there is a reason.

JJ- I am back.

Yeah, the reason is that there is no href tag. You've got to have an href to have a link.

To be honest this whole thread really rubs me the wrong way, but I'll try to remain civil. So let's break it down:

MSI: Organization
    M1 for Vets: Organization
    SAF: Organization
    MD Public Policy Institute: Organization
    NRA: Organization
    St. Gabriel Possenti Society: Organization
    Fight Terror/Support Israel: Concept / Moral Attitude

It boggles my mind that anyone could consider having a graphic expressing support for a cause but no link to a specific organization as a "slight". I cannot even begin to understand that thought process.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Oh, that's what we're talking about, the "lobby". I hardly ever go there.

It boggles my mind that anyone could consider having a graphic expressing support for a cause but no link to a specific organization as a "slight". I cannot even begin to understand that thought process.

I see where you're coming from there. This is just a guess, but maybe boothdoc saw it as "this cause is being treated differently than the others", took umbrage at it and didn't think past that point. Perhaps he is hypersensitive; I've met people who are damn near radioactive about Israel and Zionism, both pro and con.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Oh, that's what we're talking about, the "lobby". I hardly ever go there.

I see where you're coming from there. This is just a guess, but maybe boothdoc saw it as "this cause is being treated differently than the others", took umbrage at it and didn't think past that point. Perhaps he is hypersensitive; I've met people who are damn near radioactive about Israel and Zionism, both pro and con.

There we go. Now there are two unlinked images expressing support for a cause or an idea. That should soothe any hurt feelings.

You know, had the OP just said "I notice that there is no link to an organization from that image. I recommend linking to site XYZ because blah, blah, blah..." then I probably would have gladly added a link. But to imply that there is some grand conspiracy or a dark motive that could be classified as a "slight" just pisses me off.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    It has been there without a link for a long as it has been up. I hadn't said anything before but it frankly has always bugged me.

Then why didn't you say something earlier instead of making a huge fuss about it? And don't say that you're not... It's quite clear what you're implying and it is wrong at so many levels.

It's obvious by your post count that you've been around for awhile. Other than a missing link, has anyone given you reason to make you think this community is what you're insinuating? I bet not.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    You guys are completely wrong on many fronts. Can someone ask a question without being told he is hypersensitive or wrong for doing so?

DD- I didn't mean any disrespect. You run a tight ship here and I do respect that.

All others- stop trying to read into this. I have asked a question and if you don't like then that is your issue not mine.

JJ- now you see why I do not frequent this site much. To many sensitive people willing to jump on people.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    There we go. Now there are two unlinked images expressing support for a cause or an idea. That should soothe any hurt feelings.

You know, had the OP just said "I notice that there is no link to an organization from that image. I recommend linking to site XYZ because blah, blah, blah..." then I probably would have gladly added a link. But to imply that there is some grand conspiracy or a dark motive that could be classified as a "slight" just pisses me off.

DD- please accept my apology. I can see your point and admit I could have posed the statement differently.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Boothdoc you sir are a raging butthole and should be condemned for your terrible actions.

J/K bro I understood what you were saying once I figured out where it was. Next time just shoot the mod a message and ask them to fix it. I obviously haven't been around as long as you but have noticed that they are pretty good and willing to help members out with their requests. I had like a 30 post count and the mods made a sticky for me on a topic I thought others could benefit from (and gentleman I appreciated that!)

Problem fixed!!! Stick around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom