• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I just stumbled into a 1922 model in 32ACP. Disassembly is different than any other gun I own.

You have to remove the barrel extension and spring, rotate the barrel 90 degrees one way, remove the slide then rotate the barrel again to remove it.

The grip safety sucks for a big pawed gorilla like me.:rolleyes:

Had a little surface rust on it but it cleaned up nice with just minor pitting on the slide. Bore looks great.

After some research on the SN it looks like this one was made at the end of, or right after WW2. No Nazi markings, but it has a unique lanyard loop built into the lower left side of the grip and I didn't find and pics of it on the net.

Unfortunately I have no way of posting pictures of it right now.:sad20:

Anyone else have one?

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    I inherited my grandfather's 1922 that he won in a poker match years and years ago. It still has the original finish, marked FN Herstal with Browning's patent and Nazi proof marks on it in the 180,000 serial range. I don't think he ever fired it. All I know is on mine the springs are definitely worn so I would never rely on it to save my life (have had it jam several times while shooting and will not load hollow points). That being said I would never sell it and hope to one day get new springs for it that will help it to be more reliable.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I used to have one made by DWM in the 1920's. It was a good and reliable shooter but it was too collectable for me to keep. I traded it off for something I could use more. They're beautiful little pistols.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    I've got a 1922. My grandfather brought it back from WWII, but it's got a fairly bad plating job on it so it's worth zip to a collector. Very cool little gun though.

agator

Jan 9, 2008
    I have a Browning 1910 that belonged to my wife's grandfather. He was allowed to bring it back from Japan at the end of WW2. It has the original holster, spare magazine, and paperwork allowing him to bring it back. He was taken into a room and allowed to pick out a katana and the pistol. I had a hard time finding a manual for it. I got one but it's in French. I found some videos on Youtube on how to dismantle it. I ordered the spring kit from Wolf Springs and replaced them all. My problem is that the pistol while only shoot the last 2 rounds in the magazines. When the magazine is full, nothing happens when I pull the trigger. I cycle thru the first four round and on the fifth, its shoots. I'm at a lost on why this is happening. It's a neat gun historically and I'm going to take it to Scotts in Glen Burnie and have him take a look at it.

vfr750f

Feb 2, 2008
    After some research on the SN it looks like this one was made at the end of, or right after WW2.

I've got a 1910 and a 1910/22. Where did you find the SN information? I tried looking around when I first got them, but couldn't find info that would allow me to date them.
    DSC03136.jpg

DSC03085.jpg

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I have a 1910/22. A bringback I picked up complete w/ holster at a gunshow. Don't know much about it's history. WW2 German contract gun probably destined either to go to either the Luftwaffe or a support unit of some sort. Mine was probably professionally reblued at some point but it still has the Waffenampts and such on it. I shot it once and put a box of S&B .32 through it with no malfunctions. Nice little pistol.

191022rightsideoverview.jpg

191022waaleft.jpg

191022brokedownleft.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom