• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wizzer368

Zombie Slayer
    Aug 9, 2010
    Eastern shore of MD
    So I keep going back and forth, Should I get a sig 522 swat commando or buy a new hand gun. Im in love with the 522 it looks like a blast to shoot, Any input?

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Buy a 522 Pistol and then SBR it.

Sig522SwatSBR-1.jpg

ride4frnt

Jun 18, 2011
    Clear Spring
    Just a heads up to the OP, if you want to go the pistol route, and SBR it, there is a guy on gun broker selling them for 299 without the green laser and 379 with the green laser.

To anyone with knowledge of this, how do the pistols shoot? In an SBR configuration, how accurate can I expect one to be?

ride4frnt

Jun 18, 2011
    Clear Spring
    Curse you for posting this thread. I am really considering one of these now. I saw one last night with the DDLES stock adapter and an AR stock and buffer tube on it, with a ridiculously nice scope (dont remember which) and now I'd like to do one for a target gun.

wizzer368

Zombie Slayer
    Aug 9, 2010
    Eastern shore of MD
    I got the 522 swat commando out the door for 629 plus tax so like 670 out the doo from gun connection in white marsh. I have seen them for 679 plus tax so its a broad raange, the regular 522's are around 550ish

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Curse you for posting this thread. I am really considering one of these now. I saw one last night with the DDLES stock adapter and an AR stock and buffer tube on it, with a ridiculously nice scope (dont remember which) and now I'd like to do one for a target gun.

I am working on upgrading mine, I have the DDLES stock adapter and a choice Magpul stock along with the 20" heavy barrel. That's all I can say at the moment, its hush hush Secret Squirrel Poop right now. I am slightly embarrassed (well not really) at the amount of money that is tied up in it. :party29:

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    i almost bought 1 of these but got a 15-22 instead. I really love it. I thought the 522s were a lot cheaper than 650 though. Is that because the new version has the rails now?

I think it depends on what model and where you get it. I have a 522 Classic that I bought when they first came out and it was around $579 I believe. My friend bought the same one at the Chantilly gun show this weekend for $389. The new 522 Commando models have the shorter handguard and inert can so they cost a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom