• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I am an AGC member, but thinking I would like to try 3 gun or idpa events. Where can I get started?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    https://yorkpistol.blogspot.com/

york has a variety of single and multigun games

look on www.practiscore.com for various events around you.

thurmont conservation and sportsmens club (tcsc) hosts some idpa, uspsa and 2/3 gun matches.

look thru the Competitive Shooting forum here.

peacemakernational.com is prob 2 hours west of you, but they host a variety of falling steel and 2 & 3 gun matches, as well as precision rimfire and precision rifle matches.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Anne Arundel Fish and Game in Annapolis runs several IDPA/USPSA matches a month. They are a great club to get you started. Very friendly folks

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    There’s action shooting right in your back yard at the AGC. You can even volunteer to help build the new action shooting ranges and save some $ on your range badge renewal.

https://associatedgunclubs.org/action_shooting/

Arlington Rifle and Pistol club also hosts their own 3gun events and Tuesday night steel shoots at the AGC. Check their calendar for more details.

https://arlingtonrpc.org

Thanks for the info on AGC. I heard that something was in the works, but did not know about this. Also interested in the IDPA option at AA.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    3-gun is like dope, if you do it once everything else becomes practice for it(been there done that).
    I really want to get into it, but just haven't found the personal situation yet to make it feasible. Been shooting a lot of IDPA at the NRA range, though... even cracked the top half of the field at my last match, which doesn't sound like an accomplishment, but felt like it. :)

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    https://yorkpistol.blogspot.com/

york has a variety of single and multigun games

look on www.practiscore.com for various events around you.

thurmont conservation and sportsmens club (tcsc) hosts some idpa, uspsa and 2/3 gun matches.

look thru the Competitive Shooting forum here.

peacemakernational.com is prob 2 hours west of you, but they host a variety of falling steel and 2 & 3 gun matches, as well as precision rimfire and precision rifle matches.

Good advice from a good guy - USPSA and falling steel is so much fun and totally addictive. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sign up for AGC action shooting alerts, too. Email actionadmin@associatedgunclubs.org

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    This just popped into my head...you can shoot one IDPA match without a membership, but as far as I know, and I will be corrected if I’m wrong, you never need a membership to shoot USPSA.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    This just popped into my head...you can shoot one IDPA match without a membership, but as far as I know, and I will be corrected if I’m wrong, you never need a membership to shoot USPSA.

Not true, you can shoot local uspsa, your classifiers just won't count.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    the match is full, but you're welcome to come out to peacemaker's 3 gun match saturday and hang out in my squad (#6) for the day. great chance to ask questions, see everyone's gear, get a feel for the game, etc.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i'm going to be hunting, but there is a 3 gun match at thurmont sunday, sure they won't mind you spectating, especially if you help reset!

also there should be an idpa match there tuesday, starting at 0830 and prob going on for 4 hours or so. i'm planning on doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom