• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    Big thanks to Vince and the Duffy's crew. They were very helpful in getting exactly what I wanted. It's my first 1911 and I am ready to shoot it (this weekend). Thanks everyone!

-- Brent

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    First shots with it? Well don't have a lot of pictures but I almost fired my first 8 shots in a clover. Two flyers but one ragged hole. This was only at seven yards as I was figuring the sights out. Very pleased though. Stepped the target back but still held smaller than a fist and usually the same results. One large hole. Couple flyers. My fiance shot the gun very well also. Her first time shooting a 45

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    First shots with it? Well don't have a lot of pictures but I almost fired my first 8 shots in a clover. Two flyers but one ragged hole. This was only at seven yards as I was figuring the sights out. Very pleased though. Stepped the target back but still held smaller than a fist and usually the same results. One large hole. Couple flyers. My fiance shot the gun very well also. Her first time shooting a 45

Almost everyone who tries a 1911 is amazed that it doesn't jump out of your hand and that it pretty much puts them where you point it.

Biggest reason more people don't buy 1911's ... never shot one yet

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Almost everyone who tries a 1911 is amazed that it doesn't jump out of your hand and that it pretty much puts them where you point it.

Biggest reason more people don't buy 1911's ... never shot one yet
    I hadn't shot one in years and was very pleased with this. Right out of the box reliability with Wilson combat mags
    I tried to explain to her to relax with her grip a little and hold tighter with her support hand. She had an indentation from the grip safety in her palm from her death grip. Although I made her dry fire it a lot and she eventually stopped flinching for the most part. Women are so much easier to teach to shoot. They listen

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom