A brief overview of the Shield Sights RMS on a Glock 19 MOS.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DYI01

Jan 8, 2015
    This optic really intrigued me when I saw pictures of it at SHOT show. This is a derivative of the J-Point optic, but with an aluminum chassis and a slide out battery tray. The really selling point of this optic for me was that it is able to cowitness with stock height sights. So you don't need raised suppressor height sights as back ups. I used Dawson Precision MOS blackout non-cowitness sights. I didn't opt for the tritium or fiber optic as I thought it would be a bit cluttered in the small optic window, plus they are really only a backup if the optic fails. I haven't had a chance to get out to the range to shoot it yet, but just doing repetitions of drawing, presentation, and finding the dot, it seems like a a less steep of a learning curve vs. the more common height of the Trijicon RMR or Vortex Viper/Venom.

h6XEGrh.jpg

HMHGgWs.jpg

Size comparison vs a Zebralight SC52 L2 flashlight for scale.

3LtUlTA.jpg

Sh4bx4M.jpg

The RMS and MOS plate that came in the bundle.

0reSdYW.jpg

Optic by itself weighs .5 oz.

EmXfASZ.jpg

The RMS plus CR2032 battery weighs in at .60oz.

k1VKKqo.jpg

The RMS, CR2032, and MOS adapter plate weight in at 1.2oz.

wBHPDaO.jpg

RMS sitting on the MOS plate.

3HyJISP.jpg

Glock 19 MOS with the slide cap removed.

XpO6ucN.jpg

Glock 19 MOS with the Shield Sights RMS plate installed. All the correct hardware is supplied in the bundle.

tOcxNpW.jpg

zFJKHBJ.jpg

kQwKgMl.jpg

The RMS installed onto the MOS adapter plate. You can see how low profile the the sight is.

bY2Bt4m.jpg

7dWxiUK.jpg

View through the RMS.

bjwJ2VB.jpg

Cowitness.

lXIpCbb.jpg

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Just got this from Suarez international today.

Glock 19 slide ,milled for a shield rms 4moa sight.

Attachments

• IMG_4419.jpg
      IMG_4419.jpg
      112.9 KB · Views: 5,817

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    Darn, i thought this was a review of the series the shield :) Cool pics, looks like a nice addition

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Is the Shield mill the same as the RMR cut? I cannot find the "shield milled" slide on Suarez site.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    the RMS died before it even got 50 rounds through it. like WTF????????? it barely made it through 3 months.
    i sent the sight back to Suarez International. they sent me a replacement RMS but its also just as screwed up. the dot disappears on cycling the slide and it looks like a check mark when viewed from an angle.

Suarez referred me to Shield PSD. getting in touch with them can only be done via email. the response is slow and really lacks substance. Shield told me that they were fixing the flickering issue with a decal on the battery to push it up against the terminals. a piece of electrical tape worked just fine. but im still stuck with a streak instead of a dot. the sight is not usable at this point. im a bit disappointed. i lied... im pissed.

Attachments

• IMG_2437.jpg
      IMG_2437.jpg
      37.7 KB · Views: 3,543

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    got some traction in getting the RMS replaced. shield attributed the delay to time zone differences. promised to send out a replacement next week. lets see what happens.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    I was interested in the RMS as well due to the co-witness. I was put off the fact it isn't waterproof (the bottom is open). I am more put off now hearing that there are some reliability issues. Thank you for sharing.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    the RMS died before it even got 50 rounds through it. like WTF????????? it barely made it through 3 months.
    i sent the sight back to Suarez International. they sent me a replacement RMS but its also just as screwed up. the dot disappears on cycling the slide and it looks like a check mark when viewed from an angle.

Suarez referred me to Shield PSD. getting in touch with them can only be done via email. the response is slow and really lacks substance. Shield told me that they were fixing the flickering issue with a decal on the battery to push it up against the terminals. a piece of electrical tape worked just fine. but im still stuck with a streak instead of a dot. the sight is not usable at this point. im a bit disappointed. i lied... im pissed.

That sucks, but thanks for updating as all benefit from the longer term perspective. :thumbsup:

just get the the RMR from cabelas. on sale right now for 349.00

The Trijicon. One can also find the Leupold Deltapoint Pro for just under $350 these days (Landbos had them for around $325 not long back).

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    What i want from a pistol optic;

- form factor (size) of the shield
    - cowitness of the shield
    - durability of the rmr
    - waterproof
    - battery life of rmr
    - circle/dot reticle (like eotech) of the so-far vaporware holosun 507c

I guess i am waiting for next gen.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

4guyz1stool

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 16, 2017

Hey man, I had the same problem with mine. I figured out I was tigthening the screws too much. Shield has no torque specs published.

Tighten the sight down and you can actually see the dot go off.

Only gonna little past where you get resistance and add some blue loctite. I did this and fired a few hundred rounds with no problem. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom