Suarez Int'l Ultimate Trigger Kit (Glock)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Now that the Poly80 G31/G32 build is over 2K rounds, seemed like a decent time to address the ho-hum factory trigger.

I'd already done the .25 cent trigger job (full polish of the trigger bar and connector), and it was better, but still more take-up and overall slop than I'd prefer. So it was time to consider other options.

After getting to play with SCARCQB's G19 Kompressor clone, which is a very nice piece BTW. I put the order in with Suarez International for their Ultimate Trigger Kit (Flat-face shoe, trigger bar, and connector) - I opted for the minimal take-up variant. All springs were left factory.

21731126_10214353335576656_3164114402708136390_n.jpg

Initial impressions:

Take-up, drastically reduced. There is the smallest amount of initial take-up, roughly 1/16th of an inch. Compared to box stock though, what take-up?

Over-travel, roughly 1/16th of an inch. Shot breaks cleanly, and I don't even notice any over-travel to speak of.

Reset, 1/8th of an inch. Very tactile, with a nice audible click. Factory FCG seems to have a louder 'click', but it also has way more travel until the reset.

Personally, I prefer the flat-face trigger shoe with the wider trigger safety blade. And for the price (less than $85 shipped), I have no complaints.

Only downside, tomorrow I HAVE to hit the range and see how this feels with live fire. Dummy rounds just won't do.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Congrats on the purchase. I have heard good things about that trigger. Gotta keep us updated after your trip to the range. That wide trigger is like having a built in trigger shoe. I'd think it will be very comfortable to shoot with that trigger.

Good Luck!

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Now that the Poly80 G31/G32 build is over 2K rounds, seemed like a decent time to address the ho-hum factory trigger.

I'd already done the .25 cent trigger job (full polish of the trigger bar and connector), and it was better, but still more take-up and overall slop than I'd prefer. So it was time to consider other options.

After getting to play with SCARCQB's G19 Kompressor clone, which is a very nice piece BTW. I put the order in with Suarez International for their Ultimate Trigger Kit (Flat-face shoe, trigger bar, and connector) - I opted for the minimal take-up variant. All springs were left factory.

Initial impressions:

Take-up, drastically reduced. There is the smallest amount of initial take-up, roughly 1/16th of an inch. Compared to box stock though, what take-up?

Over-travel, roughly 1/16th of an inch. Shot breaks cleanly, and I don't even notice any over-travel to speak of.

Reset, 1/8th of an inch. Very tactile, with a nice audible click. Factory FCG seems to have a louder 'click', but it also has way more travel until the reset.

Personally, I prefer the flat-face trigger shoe with the wider trigger safety blade. And for the price (less than $85 shipped), I have no complaints.

Only downside, tomorrow I HAVE to hit the range and see how this feels with live fire. Dummy rounds just won't do.

Nice setup Brad, I have this flat faced trigger on a factory G23 but sans the Suarez trigger bar and connector which I opted to get from other sources.

Suarez makes good stuff, I have a Suarez G17 Trijicon RMR ready slide that is just beautiful, and Suarez is a good outfit to deal with.

For future reference, Apex Tactical also makes an excellent flat faced trigger for the Glock, it can be purchased as just the trigger alone or in an "action enhancement kit" with a trigger bar, connector, and safety plunger.

Attachments

• DSCF1813crp.jpg
      DSCF1813crp.jpg
      103.8 KB · Views: 306

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I went with the semi- flat trigger.

In addition. A glock minus connector. Zev competition spring kit and mirror polished contact areas in the trigger bar , striker and connector.

I had a zev 2.5 race connector on it but that made the trigger too light.

This resulted in a very short take up , a solid wall, then a clean break at about 4.5 lbs. the reset is also shorter and tactile.

Overall cost was less than 100 bucks. Plus it looks badazz

Attachments

• IMG_0353.jpg
      IMG_0353.jpg
      56.7 KB · Views: 348

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I went with the semi- flat trigger.

In addition. A glock minus connector. Zev competition spring kit and mirror polished contact areas in the trigger bar , striker and connector.

I had a zev 2.5 race connector on it but that made the trigger too light.

This resulted in a very short take up , a solid wall, then a clean break at about 4.5 lbs. the reset is also shorter and tactile.

Overall cost was less than 100 bucks. Plus it looks badazz

SCAR, your trigger setup is what I was trying to replicate. Couldn't recall if you did the flat or semi-flat at time of order.

I polished the contact areas already on the bar/connector, and the safety plunger as well. The pull weight is still a bit heavy for my tastes, especially compared to the 3.6/3.7 pound pull of the M&P, so I may play with springs and a different connector at a later date.

Still have yet to live-fire test, between family obligations and my truck deciding to demand attention/money, just haven't had any time to hit the range.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    SCAR, your trigger setup is what I was trying to replicate. Couldn't recall if you did the flat or semi-flat at time of order.

I polished the contact areas already on the bar/connector, and the safety plunger as well. The pull weight is still a bit heavy for my tastes, especially compared to the 3.6/3.7 pound pull of the M&P, so I may play with springs and a different connector at a later date.

Still have yet to live-fire test, between family obligations and my truck deciding to demand attention/money, just haven't had any time to hit the range.

I went with the semi flat trigger. The flat face was just a bit too light for me.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Took a month and 5 days, but finally got to try this trigger out at the range. For less than $85 shipped, I'm pleased.

Shot it back to back against the M&P .45 I've worked over, noticeable differences going from one to another - both are good triggers, but the M&P .45's are notorious for having a nearly non-existent reset. Definitely not a problem with the G32 build.

Bang for buck, I'd recommend the Suarez trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom