• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Anyone try these?

desertscene_deltasight.jpg

Delta_1_sight-picture.jpg

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/09/jeremy-s/gear-review-gun-pro-delta-1-sights/

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    What's wrong with traditional sights?

Nothing. Looking for something a bit easier for eyes getting a little older to see. I've tried quick reflex (red-dot) pistol sights, and don't like that they are so big, and require battery change every year or so. Switching to quick reflex sights was not as easy as many might think. Plus, these sights would be defensive pistol competition legal, whereas battery power sights are generally not in most divisions.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    I could see where they would make horizontal alignment quicker then getting the gap even on both sides of a traditional sight.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I've seen them advertised, but not in person. The XS Big Dot would probably be easier to adapt to, IMO.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    My buddy's dad makes these sights. I haven't bought them since they only make Glock, m&p and 1911 versions, but they look good in person. Very fast alignment.

I'd be a little concerned they might snag more than traditional sights because of the shape.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Just from the pic those sights seem 'busy'. Different colors, the top of the rear sight is level with the bottom of the front sight notch plus you have to center the front sight horizontally. I had the reflex to want to center one of the front peaks in the rear notch. Given time and practice you may like 'em.

I am going down the vision road you are. A thinner front sight or a wider rear notch will yield the ability to extract decent defensive accuracy would probably work for you. For practical applications it has for me.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I've seen them advertised, but not in person. The XS Big Dot would probably be easier to adapt to, IMO.

I tried that, looking for something better.
    Excellent for quick, close range acquisition, but mid/long accuracy lost.

I haven't tried those but I have tried these and like them:

I has helped me tremendously ever since my presbyopia kicked in making it hard to get good sight picture on pistols.

Very cool. Definitely the competition:

My buddy's dad makes these sights. I haven't bought them since they only make Glock, m&p and 1911 versions, but they look good in person. Very fast alignment.

I'd be a little concerned they might snag more than traditional sights because of the shape.

Very cool. Appears to be much more accurate and provides close-up/quicker aiming.

I'm interested. :D

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I'll be honest, most new items are marginal improvements at best. These actually look like a big improvement so I am going to order a set to replace some old dim tritiums. Thanks for sharing !

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I'll be honest, most new items are marginal improvements at best. These actually look like a big improvement so I am going to order a set to replace some old dim tritiums. Thanks for sharing !

Cool. I thought they looked better than anything else I've tried.

I'm going to try to contact the gent that makes them and ask if he will make them for other guns.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    gwchem - thanks for putting me in touch with progun.us, I spoke with Russ and he informed me they are adding Sig to their line of sights, and probably CZ and others down the road.

I was very impressed speaking with Russ, he had a great example of an accomplished 3-gun shooter that was having difficultly hitting steel, but with these sights, made a huge improvement.

Here's the M&P sights, they look sharp!

smithwesson.jpg

:D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads