Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    "Field&Stream" are part of the Dick's Sporting Goods Family also

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I always thought Dick's was an odd name for a store. Sounds more like a bar in Key West.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Maybe BPS will buy them and open small BPS/Cabelas stores everywhere. Maybe they are just waiting for them chapter 11 or 13 so they can get a better stock price deal. would be a good deal if Academy or Sportsmens Warehouse did it too.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Oh well. Haven't been in a Dick's since they destroyed their AR's. Really wish Academy Sports & Outdoor or Sportsman's Warehouse would open a location somewhere in the area.

THIS. I remember being so happy when I heard Dick's was opening in Frederick... then a few trips there later, their lackluster gun dept with never anyone there working the counters, etc. left me disappointed. After their SJW policies kicked in, I never went back and never plan to, until/unless they have a going out of business sale on their outdoor gear.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Oh well. Haven't been in a Dick's since they destroyed their AR's. Really wish Academy Sports & Outdoor or Sportsman's Warehouse would open a location somewhere in the area.

I have never seen an AR in a Dick's store, though I admit I have not been to every store.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Dick's lost at least $5k in business from my Cub Scout Pack when I was the Chartered Org Rep. I managed to vector those purchases to Cabelas, Bass Pro, and a handful of eBay vendors. The Son promoted to a Boy Scout Troop, and I will continue to influence them away from Dick's whenever possible.

I hope Dick's' management enjoys selling yoga pants to soccer moms.

Artillarylover

Nov 5, 2016
    Dick's lost at least $5k in business from my Cub Scout Pack when I was the Chartered Org Rep. I managed to vector those purchases to Cabelas, Bass Pro, and a handful of eBay vendors. The Son promoted to a Boy Scout Troop, and I will continue to influence them away from Dick's whenever possible.

I hope Dick's' management enjoys selling yoga pants to soccer moms.
    Great work. Keep your son in scouts. Im a eagle scout and my dad being involved helped tremendously. He always told me he regretted dropping out himself

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Screenshot_20181130-192157_Brave.jpg

:lol2:

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Great work. Keep your son in scouts. Im a eagle scout and my dad being involved helped tremendously. He always told me he regretted dropping out himself

BSA is a patriotic organization with a Congressional charter. Dick's has demonstrated unabashedly un-American behavior. At least within the Scouting community, that seems to be a strong argument to vector business elsewhere.

I made First Class before discovering cars and employment and girls. In retrospect, earning Eagle has impacts throughout your lifetime (something that wasn't impressed on me as a Scout.) I am strongly encouraging MM Jr. to earn his Eagle.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    Like other members I nor any family members have not and refuse to spend $.01 at Dick’s since they went anti 2A. The name says it all. I hope they go under.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Haven't spent any money in Dicks since their knee jerk anti gun reaction in 2013. I'll enjoy seeing them be the next sports authority opening stores in cheaper rent strip malls.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Speaking of Sports Authority. More in common than you think. Dicks is Sports Authority, in part. From Wikipedia, fwiw. Bizarre:

"On March 2, 2016, Sports Authority filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, but the case was converted to Chapter 7 a few months later. On May 18, 2016, the company's stores were sold to a group of liquidators and on May 25, CEO Michael Foss announced that all of the stores would close by the end of August 2016.[4][5] On June 30, 2016, Dick's Sporting Goods won the auction for Sports Authority's brand name and intellectual property.[6]

On July 15, 2016, the online store closed operations, redirecting users to the Dick's Sporting Goods website.[7] On July 21, 2016, the purchase of Sports Authority's intellectual property by rival Dick's Sporting Goods was approved.
    "

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom