• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    BITE ME!

I DO NOT want to be part of that place's plantation mentality.

Redrawing was tried once before and was rejected by MD and VA, which is why DC has the boundaries it does today. Besides, with statehood they'd have to put up with actual Congresscritters' antics.

But maybe we could sell it to Nigeria. The City Council would fit right in there.

LOL. I had to translate 南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Well, Crofton is just up the road... Or, as an incorporated city, Bowie could request to be annexed by AACO. Not sure if our county council would approve, though.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Well, Crofton is just up the road... Or, as an incorporated city, Bowie could request to be annexed by AACO. Not sure if our county council would approve, though.

We tried that about 20 years ago. AA Co was for it (more lovely tax $$$ and D votes), but PG wouldn't let us go.

DAMMIT!!!!!

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    Make the beltway the state line. Everything inside the beltway becomes part of the 51st state. It would take the worst parts of pg and the limousine liberals from Bethesda Arlington and Alexandria. It would leave a lot of the normal thinking parts of the rest of those counties in their original states

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Make the beltway the state line. Everything inside the beltway becomes part of the 51st state. It would take the worst parts of pg and the limousine liberals from Bethesda Arlington and Alexandria. It would leave a lot of the normal thinking parts of the rest of those counties in their original states

How about making the beltway an international border, liberating everything inside it from the U.S. and relocating our nation's capital city to, say, North Dakota or Texas. Let the newly-formed nation of New Columbia find something other than tax receipts and running other people's lives to drive its economy.

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Article I Section 8

To exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten miles square) as may, by cession of particular states, and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the government of the United States, and to exercise like authority over all places purchased by the consent of the legislature of the state in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings;--And

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county

Well, Crofton is just up the road... Or, as an incorporated city, Bowie could request to be annexed by AACO.

You've got to be effing kidding. This is the town that wanted to build a municipal pool that would be used mostly by DC residents...

IJM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 7, 2012
    District of Columbia
    No federal taxes for DC residents. Then they can't say "taxation without representation"

I've been arguing for years that this would be a better solution. Sort of kidding, sort of not. I guarantee you it would turn around the DC public schools within a generation.

But maybe we could sell it to Nigeria. The City Council would fit right in there.

To be fair, there are more whites on the DC Council than blacks, if that's what you're getting at.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    DC residents, and not just the unemployed -- K Street lobbyists, too -- already live off the rest of the country's taxes.

They probably should be double-taxed. :)

And no representation? They're the only ones who ARE represented. The rest of us are professionally and systematically ignored. Message to D.C. residents: "Representation" is vastly overrated.

As a DC resident, I'd happily take no taxes over representation.

But as far as Article 1 Section 8 - it doesn't define the borders of the federal district. The feds can just keep the section of land from the Capitol to the White House, and the rest can be separated into a state.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    DC had an excellent deal to gain voting representation in congress but chose to hold on to their strict city gun laws instead. Prohibited persons still wouldn't have been able to legally possess firearms under federal law but that wasn't as important as making sure that lawful citizens couldn't legally defend themselves.

I am interested in more information to this claim. Can you provide some details to your claim?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    There was indeed a bill in congress last year to give DC a voting representative but it had a gun bill attached as a rider. DC declined to accept it. Blame Eleanor Holmes Norton for that.

I don't have the specifics but Google would turn it up.

IJM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 7, 2012
    District of Columbia
    As a DC resident, I'd happily take no taxes over representation.

But as far as Article 1 Section 8 - it doesn't define the borders of the federal district. The feds can just keep the section of land from the Capitol to the White House, and the rest can be separated into a state.

Yup. Or the rest can be given back to Maryland as a, perhaps, better alternative. The heart of the issue is that the vast majority of the District outside the downtown federal/business area is residential and not related at all to the US Government. Regular people just happen to live there.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Article I Section 8 also says existing state boundaries cannot be changed without the consent of the state legislature involved. Not even MD would want SE DC.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Article I Section 8 also says existing state boundaries cannot be changed without the consent of the state legislature involved. Not even MD would want SE DC.

I know a lot of liberal idiots who would be happy to have more D voters in MD at any cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom