• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Need a check here...I've got a Wear & Carry permit. The big restriction is that it's only valid as long as I'm employed with the U.S. Government. I'll be in a position to possibly retire late this year, but the threat I got the permit for remains. So I'd like to get the restriction lifted.

As I understand it, the procedure is as follows:
    1. Write letter to MSP Licensing Division requesting revision. Include check for $10. (This might work, as soon as MSP heard what I did they issued the W&C). Probably smart to send certified mail.

2. If it doesn't, get on the HPRB schedule.

Correct? Thanks.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Step 1.5, if step 1 doesn't work you can request a command review with MSP which has successfully resulted in modifications for many without going to the hprb. This process is much quicker than the board would be in the event step 1 doesn't work.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I was denied a further restriction removal in Dec 2017 and talk to the officer (Moriarty >sp<) he told me he would not go against what his officers already commented or denied a modification for . I had already put in for a HPRB appeal even before I talked to him .

Please understand that you have 10 days after you receive the letter to appeal either to the MSP or to the HPRB so get that out right away regardless of anything else .

Now once you send in the certified mail request be prepared to hurry up and wait , nobody will call or respond for months . I had to go to the HPRB meeting on 6th Feb . and hand a copy of everything I sent and still got no commitment on when they would set up a hearing . Nothing it was crickets when I turned the paperwork in again .

The system sucks IMHO but it is the only form of redress for the wrongs of the state , I think in some way the MSP loves the fact they can clog up the system because they get paid both ways and no skin off their azzes .

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I was denied a further restriction removal in Dec 2017 and talk to the officer (Moriarty >sp<) he told me he would not go against what his officers already commented or denied a modification for . I had already put in for a HPRB appeal even before I talked to him .

Please understand that you have 10 days after you receive the letter to appeal either to the MSP or to the HPRB so get that out right away regardless of anything else .

Now once you send in the certified mail request be prepared to hurry up and wait , nobody will call or respond for months . I had to go to the HPRB meeting on 6th Feb . and hand a copy of everything I sent and still got no commitment on when they would set up a hearing . Nothing it was crickets when I turned the paperwork in again .

The system sucks IMHO but it is the only form of redress for the wrongs of the state , I think in some way the MSP loves the fact they can clog up the system because they get paid both ways and no skin off their azzes .
    When I renewed my permit 2 years ago they put the new business restriction wording on the back (valid while conducting business as owner of xyz business). When my wife renewed hers last year the put the old wording on it (whole engaged on financial transactions...) I got here changed with a phone call to Knaub. Within the past week, I've found two people , one with a new permit and one with a recent renewal who received permits with the old wording. Has MSP reverted to their old ways?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Need a check here...I've got a Wear & Carry permit. The big restriction is that it's only valid as long as I'm employed with the U.S. Government. I'll be in a position to possibly retire late this year, but the threat I got the permit for remains. So I'd like to get the restriction lifted.

As I understand it, the procedure is as follows:

1. Write letter to MSP Licensing Division requesting revision. Include check for $10. (This might work, as soon as MSP heard what I did they issued the W&C). Probably smart to send certified mail.

2. If it doesn't, get on the HPRB schedule.

Correct? Thanks.

2 color passport photos
    Check for $10 to MSP
    CERTIFIED MAIL

Do your research and suggest restrictions within their policies which might be acceptable to you and your circumstances. Don’t ask them to suggest what they might offer.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    When I renewed my permit 2 years ago they put the new business restriction wording on the back (valid while conducting business as owner of xyz business). When my wife renewed hers last year the put the old wording on it (whole engaged on financial transactions...) I got here changed with a phone call to Knaub. Within the past week, I've found two people , one with a new permit and one with a recent renewal who received permits with the old wording. Has MSP reverted to their old ways?

I hope not. I got my renewal on Jan 10th. It had the "while conducting business as owner" on it. I did request an informal review and met with Moriarty on the 26th. Of course I was denied the removal of restrictions and during the discussion Moriarty suggested that if I wasn't happy with the restriction and vague wording that he could make it more concise and restrictive like "while making bank deposits". I politely declined the request.

Any requests to modify restrictions can only be done with 10 days of receipt of original license or its renewal. If you fall outside the 10 days your are SOL until your next renewal. I submitted my HPRB request at the same time I sent in my informal request. I still haven't heard back from the HPRB on a schedule date. Does anyone know how long the wait for a hearing currently is running?

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I hope not. I got my renewal on Jan 10th. It had the "while conducting business as owner" on it. I did request an informal review and met with Moriarty on the 26th. Of course I was denied the removal of restrictions and during the discussion Moriarty suggested that if I wasn't happy with the restriction and vague wording that he could make it more concise and restrictive like "while making bank deposits". I politely declined the request.

Any requests to modify restrictions can only be done with 10 days of receipt of original license or its renewal. If you fall outside the 10 days your are SOL until your next renewal. I submitted my HPRB request at the same time I sent in my informal request. I still haven't heard back from the HPRB on a schedule date. Does anyone know how long the wait for a hearing currently is running?
    Same Shit, Different day. I told them to make a phone call. Can't hurt.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

Whoa.. That is a huge tell. There is going to be some MSP payback on renewals if Madaleno prevails.

I wonder if the revised wording SS notes is the start of what they deem a script written of the HPRB, going bye bye.
    If the Bill does pass, it takes effect October 2018. I would doubt the HPRB is going to be very motivated to do more work than necessary if the vote is to toss them.

September 2017 requests were scheduling April 2018

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Moriarty suggested that if I wasn't happy with the restriction and vague wording that he could make it more concise and restrictive like "while making bank deposits". I politely declined the request.

Whoa.. That is a huge tell. There is going to be some MSP payback on renewals if Madaleno prevails.

Based upon the quoted statement above, MSP payback is in full swing regardless of Madaleno. Moriarty is pushing his weight now, moreso than ever. Must suck to live such a miserable life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom