• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    All I want one of these anti's to answer is .... Name one society EVER where the only the government owned firearms and the people lived in freedom.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    All I want one of these anti's to answer is .... Name one society EVER where the only the government owned firearms and the people lived in freedom.

They would just say something stupid like Britain, Austrialia, France, etc. Their idea of freedom is completely different than ours. Freedom to them is free healthcare, free housing, free etc. All paid for at the expense of someone that is not them mind you.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I have told several people who want more gun control/bans the secret to getting their way.

Constitutional convention and repeal. "Oh that won't work they!" they cry.

I think that should be enough of an argument, but it sadly isn't.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It's a simple process. Just need 3/4 of the States to say they don't want the 2A anymore. Then you wait for the revolution......

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    This should be the actual argument, not the intellectually dishonest, 2A is for the military or muskets crap. Yes, this would be very hard. Could that be because the majority of Americans actually support their right to defend themselves? Yes, I think it does.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    It's a simple process. Just need 3/4 of the States to say they don't want the 2A anymore. Then you wait for the revolution......

Then my question then is, "Where will our military and police side with?" Nobody will know who to trust.

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Yeah, lets just have this debate already, its about time.

Liberals wont go there though, because unlike with public opinion, a vocal minority wont win a constitutional repeal fight.

Rather keep subverting and chipping away at the 2A.

The radical left really is an insurgency. Using guerrilla tactics against the constitution, and waging a war of attrition against the values we were founded on. Not afraid to fight dirty, and willing to accept massive amounts of collateral damage as long as they press forward.

Ephesians 6:12 is my only consolation.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Add 37 million illegals granted citizenship to the mix and it can easily happen. It's probably closer than you might imagine right now in the big cities... sad.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Then my question then is, "Where will our military and police side with?" Nobody will know who to trust.

It will break down along party lines and long held beliefs just as it did in "61".

People will shake hands, cry, hug one another, say their goodbyes, move to opposite ends of the field, and then open up on each other with a viciousness none of us can even imagine.

I hope that answered your question.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Wasn't it Jefferson who said we needed to be ever vigilant? Freedom is an exceedingly difficult thing to maintain. A great deal of effort needs to be exerted, since it is human nature to want to conquer and rule. No matter what happens, there will always be those who think things would be so much better if only they could lay down some ground rules and force people into line. If not this fight, there will be another. This is not unique to our generation. It has always been.

I think it is the worst it has have been. Good examples of how bad things are would be the Heller and McDonald cases. The Founding Fathers would be disgusted to know that the Supreme Court held the 2A to be an individual Right by a 5-4 vote. If we were the Country we were meant to be, it would have been 9-0. Hell, it never would have made it that far because nobody would have considered passing a law that says otherwise.

Keep your eyes open. You will know when the time for action comes. I do not believe it will be subtle. Lexington. Concord. History repeats itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom