Its a shame I had to take my AR out of the truck to work in DC.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    my day consist of going to work, going to the gym, and the shooting range. For which I have an unlimited membership for all 3. and since I work for myself and have no set hours, I'll go to the range when I feel like.so having my AR with me is just as important as me bringing my workout shoes.

:thumbsup:
    yep, i go to work everyday, either running a construction job or farming, either way i end up at the farm and shoot when i please as much as i please. good times.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    4-203 specifically refers to "handgun" , not "regulated weapon" .

The potential question over AR's , etc is the diferentation between pre-October Grandfathered , and Post Oct Banned , not the transporting per se.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    Also, know your hunting seasons, so as not to become a poacher.:innocent0 :D

Its like this ALL year round so its easy to "hunt during season"

The potential question over AR's , etc is the diferentation between pre-October Grandfathered , and Post Oct Banned , not the transporting per se.
    Just to help future questions.... can you elaborate?

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co

Just to help future questions.... can you elaborate?
    The possession thereof in the state of MD, regardless of where it is.. lol (that part I understand, well, at least as far as we can ascertain from the ambiguous legislation we are dealt with... )

Thanks for all the replies, I though the info I had been given was not accurate, but it never hurts to be sure.. ;)

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Let me rephrase the question... I was told (so it may not be accurate) that since the AR-15 is now a regulated weapon, the same transportation laws apply to transporting in a vehicle as if it were a handgun, meaning you can only transport it to/from a qualified shooting event (or to a gun shop, etc..). You can't keep it in the vehicle, even unloaded, unless you are traveling directly to or from a recognized shooting competition, bonafide gun show, hunting exercise or some other gun related event...

There is no such thing as regulated long guns anymore. You either owned it before 10/1 or not at all. Regulation is only for handguns.

The restriction in transportation is only for handguns. If you are a designated collector you have more leeway in transport of handguns since they are a part of your "collection" and you are going to show them as a part of an "exhibition" if you are not going between homes, the range, or a gun shop.

So long guns are okay to store in your car as long as they are not loaded. Handguns see above.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    I do agree that most of DC has houses too close to "hunt" per se. I was joking. But there is a point to be made.
    As for the deforestation, yes that is a big issue here. This home owner has paid me a bunch of money due to deer and other wildlife destroying plants, and more.
    I have shot 4 deer from my bathroom window. no house is to close!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    There is no such thing as regulated long guns anymore. You either owned it before 10/1 or not at all. Regulation is only for handguns.

Sure there are. My pre Oct 1 long guns could still be called regulated because they are not banned. What else could we call them "now banned but legal regulated firearms possessed before 10-1?"

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom