• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    We just went full retard.
    :lol:
    I have to admit your right. Thats what happens when you let go of the steering wheel. So to answer your question why I choose my Sig....

1.*As for me, its about "Carry what you can shoot - Shoot what you can carry." Its the highest caliber that I feel comfortable with and still be accurate with at the same time.
    2. Because I choose to.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    Or start talking about what caliber is "best" or how you'll react under stress in a life or death situation.;)

If you look back over this thread ive had more people challenge why I choose different things (caliber, mag safety, indicator, etc) v/s what my initial question was.

Im so used to arguing (and defending my view points) with liberals, it just got the best of me.

:sign13: :bowdown:

And Red, just know that whatever the caliber is, I'll have your back when it goes down.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Some of you may not remember the FBI Miami shootout when several agents were killed when their 9mm and .38 Special failed to neutralize two guys in a car. The rounds would not penetrate the windshield. This is why the FBI initially went with the 10mm round. Sadly, too many accountants and not enough shooters made the FBI use 10mm Lite, then the .40 S&W. 180gr ammunition was chosen because it penetrated windshields while the lighter 9mm rounds bounce off.

Again, let's talk about windshield angle. I saw 15 rounds of 9mm make it through the windshield of a pick up truck when the deputy ventilated the driver trying to run her over.

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    Some of you may not remember the FBI Miami shootout when several agents were killed when their 9mm and .38 Special failed to neutralize two guys in a car.
    to be fair, failed to neutralize one guy. Matix, what, fired once before he got neutralized by those ineffective rounds?

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    So, how do you intend to use your gun? Shooting cars?

Everyone poopoos the 9mm, but I don't want to be shot with one. Personally, if I have to use the gun in self defense, I want as many rounds of an effective caliber as possible. (BTW, for some weird reason, most .22s come with 10-round magazines standard.) Two or three extra rounds may be what makes the difference.

As far as magazine size limits, that's artificial. Go to Pennsylvania, Virginia, or West Virginia (or anyplace outside of Maryland) and buy normal magazines.

It's due to the rims. It's the same reason that 7.62x54R mags usually only go to 10, rims need to be stacked so the round above has it's rim ahead of the one below, making the angle of the magazine quite acute. Try double stacking or staggered column stacking them, and the angle becomes TWICE as acute.

Ruger developed a rotary magazine specifically to counter this, then went ahead and limited it to 10 rounds anyways!

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    It's due to the rims. It's the same reason that 7.62x54R mags usually only go to 10, rims need to be stacked so the round above has it's rim ahead of the one below, making the angle of the magazine quite acute. Try double stacking or staggered column stacking them, and the angle becomes TWICE as acute.

Ruger developed a rotary magazine specifically to counter this, then went ahead and limited it to 10 rounds anyways!

That's where the BX-25 comes in. Any .22lr mag over 10 rounds has to curve forward due to the rim. Lots of other +10 .22 mags out there, but all that I know of curve forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom