• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    I found a few real good places to eat from the cheesesteak and the burger threads. Any good footlong dogs around. Only one I know about is Anne's on Richie Hwy in Glen Burnie. Hard to beat.:)

wt71

Sep 5, 2013
    Carroll County
    I found a few real good places to eat from the cheesesteak and the burger threads. Any good footlong dogs around. Only one I know about is Anne's on Richie Hwy in Glen Burnie. Hard to beat.:)

Anne's is good but I have been searching for someplace closer to home as well.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Anne's is good but I have been searching for someplace closer to home as well.
    There's a new (to me) hot dog place in Mt Airy a few doors down from Concetta's Italian Deli.

I forget the name of the place and failed at google. They had a pretty good regular chili dog, and you could also get a 10" or 12" dog.

And you can stop in and see Lou at Shooter's Discount to boot.

wt71

Sep 5, 2013
    Carroll County
    There's a new (to me) hot dog place in Mt Airy a few doors down from Concetta's Italian Deli.

I forget the name of the place and failed at google. They had a pretty good regular chili dog, and you could also get a 10" or 12" dog.

And you can stop in and see Lou at Shooter's Discount to boot.

I'll have to check that out....Thanks

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Going to be very difficult to top Anne's. That was my first thought when I saw the thread title. It's not just the dogs, but the place itself that sets it apart.

A place called Woody's tried to open on Rt 3 several years ago. I think they lasted maybe 6 months, and the building has been vacant since.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    Not footlongs but big 1/4lb dogs and ****ing amazing. He hollows out a special sub roll and heats inside of the roll and puts the toppings in the roll. Freaking amazing. If you go there and they offer the dirty dog, get it, it's amazing (bacon,bbq sauce, cheese, tomato marmalade and big hot dog)
    http://www.hautedogcarte.com

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Best hotdogs I've had in my life ever I got in Hanover, PA at "Famous Hot Weiners". Locally produced hot dogs are split down the middle, and cooked up on a flat griddle where they actually singe them to a piece of cheese so you get a really toasted cheesey cheese taste. From there, finely diced onions and home made chili top it off. Just a wonderful hot dog IMO.

By comparison, I finally went to Anne's one night due to having driven by it literally hundreds of times (I live less than a mile from it as the crow flies) and I can't say I was impressed at all - very similar to my first Sonic experience. I've heard people rave about Sonic, and to my taste buds, McD's has it beat by a mile.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    larrys dog house in Athens ohio! been around since I was kid in the seventies living there and whenever I stop there and bring some home too,and the drive thru liquor/conveince store is right down the street as well.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    Anne's is the best I've found down here, my wife hates it, but she's from NYC and thinks Coney Island Style hot dogs are the be-all-end-all.

chevydave

Sep 24, 2011
    severna park
    Not footlongs but big 1/4lb dogs and ****ing amazing. He hollows out a special sub roll and heats inside of the roll and puts the toppings in the roll. Freaking amazing. If you go there and they offer the dirty dog, get it, it's amazing (bacon,bbq sauce, cheese, tomato marmalade and big hot dog)
    http://www.hautedogcarte.com

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I used to eat there all the time. Awesome dogs

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    As much as I loved to go to Anne's Famous Footlongs at Marley Station Mall, I've always had an immediate case of the squirts after eating. Last time it was so bad I had to pull off the road and run into the woods through a briar patch. Not fun.

Their milkshakes are good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom