• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    ar500armor.com has some decent sales right now.

https://www.ar500armor.com/promotions-sales.html

ordered the level3+ plates

Same. I ordered the BOGO III+ deal and got a Veritas carrier. I already have a level III and carrier from AR500armor and have had no issues. At some point, I'm grabbing a Crye JPC carrier that will ultimately be my primary. I'm planning on adding some soft armor behind the III+ plates

killng

Nov 29, 2015
    moco
    And just got the shipping confirmation this morning. So in less than 24 hours it shipped out.:cool:

Yea I just got a email saying shipped. Now I gotta find some hesco plates.. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I ordered a Crye JPC yesterday from a site that allegedly had 4 in stock. We'll see how that pans out.

For those looking for a slickster alternative, 5.11's Prime Plate Carrier is very similar for $99. Can't speak to it personally but most 5.11 stuff has been good to me.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Yea I just got a email saying shipped. Now I gotta find some hesco plates.. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RMA and Chase Tactical seem to have low lead times. Chase are mostly ceramic strike face + poly combos. RMA are mostly just like HESCOs but I think they have the combo plates too. I ordered some lvl 4s from Chase that are the ceramic poly combo only like $260 each and have the latest 06 cert. But they are like 8.5 lbs each while the lvl 3+ HESCOs I have on order are like 2 lbs or less and are half the thickness. But the HESCOs were around $500 each while equivalent HESCO lvl4s are like $1000+ EACH. Ill probably take the Chase for myself and my wife will get the HESCOs if things go upside down.

My HESCOs took a little over 6 weeks to ship from VerTac Training. They have great prices though ($60-80 cheaper than everyone else) so it was worth it.

I will report back when my Chase plates ship (ordered yesterday).

Oh, and the $5 shipping from OP tactical was 1-3 day USPS Priority according to the email so super fast for super cheap! :party29:

killng

Nov 29, 2015
    moco
    RMA and Chase Tactical seem to have low lead times. Chase are mostly ceramic strike face + poly combos. RMA are mostly just like HESCOs but I think they have the combo plates too. I ordered some lvl 4s from Chase that are the ceramic poly combo only like $260 each and have the latest 06 cert. But they are like 8.5 lbs each while the lvl 3+ HESCOs I have on order are like 2 lbs or less and are half the thickness. But the HESCOs were around $500 each while equivalent HESCO lvl4s are like $1000+ EACH. Ill probably take the Chase for myself and my wife will get the HESCOs if things go upside down.

My HESCOs took a little over 6 weeks to ship from VerTac Training. They have great prices though ($60-80 cheaper than everyone else) so it was worth it.

I will report back when my Chase plates ship (ordered yesterday).

Oh, and the $5 shipping from OP tactical was 1-3 day USPS Priority according to the email so super fast for super cheap! :party29:

I was super surprised they shipped so quickly hopefully ill get the slickster by the end of the week!!! YIKES thats a lot of money for plates and lead times is a lot but what can you do in these crazy times.. i was looking to spend maybe $300-400 on plates lol maybe ill have to wait.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I was super surprised they shipped so quickly hopefully ill get the slickster by the end of the week!!! YIKES thats a lot of money for plates and lead times is a lot but what can you do in these crazy times.. i was looking to spend maybe $300-400 on plates lol maybe ill have to wait.

Yeah, but thats just how much quality, light weight and thin plates cost! You pay big for weight and thickness savings.

Oh, and HESCO has apparently raised their prices on the first of this month according to VerTac. The level 3+ set of two I got is now about $80 more expensive then it was when I ordered them. VerTec kind of faked me out when I was shopping, I was like 'oh the lvl4s are only a little more (like $100) as the level 3+ I will just get those. . .AH! the level 3+ are for a PAIR and the lvl4s are PER PLATE.' :lol2:

And Chase vs the HESCO lvl4s. The HESCOs save you about 3-4 lbs per plate but cost 4x as much. Thickness is about the same at around 1". Sound like they are similar construction but I am a dullard when it comes to that stuff so I dont really understand what the descriptions say regarding construction. :innocent0 I just havent researched enough yet to really grasp the subtle differences.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia

Chase Tactical has lvl 4s that are around $200 for single curve if you dont care about haveing 04/05 vs 06 cert or multi curve. The 06 cert plus multi curve costs around $30-50 more.

https://www.chasetactical.com/produ...j-04-05-certified-dea-compliant-single-curve/

RMA has single curves for $135.

https://rmadefense.com/product/level-iv-hard-armor-plate-model-1155/

killng

Nov 29, 2015
    moco
    Yeah, but thats just how much quality, light weight and thin plates cost! You pay big for weight and thickness savings.

Oh, and HESCO has apparently raised their prices on the first of this month according to VerTac. The level 3+ set of two I got is now about $80 more expensive then it was when I ordered them. VerTec kind of faked me out when I was shopping, I was like 'oh the lvl4s are only a little more (like $100) as the level 3+ I will just get those. . .AH! the level 3+ are for a PAIR and the lvl4s are PER PLATE.' :lol2:

And Chase vs the HESCO lvl4s. The HESCOs save you about 3-4 lbs per plate but cost 4x as much. Thickness is about the same at around 1". Sound like they are similar construction but I am a dullard when it comes to that stuff so I dont really understand what the descriptions say regarding construction. :innocent0 I just havent researched enough yet to really grasp the subtle differences.

yea i like the idea of light weight and thin, but idk if its worth the 4* the price. setting up gear is too expensive i hate it..

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The other discussion about local availability of plates prompted me to do some poking around again for a carrier and see what the status is of different places. So many places are totally swamped right now.

Chase Tactical had this in stock and ready to ship.

https://www.chasetactical.com/produ...a_size=xlarge&attribute_pa_color=ranger-green

$121.00 delivered with the 15% off code.

Probably made overseas, but it's here and available rather than 12-16 weeks out like others are quoting. Probably not the tier 1 gear others have, but I don't need it. I'm hoping it will stay in the closet for the next 20 years.

Ordered on Saturday, and delivered today. That is sick customer service.

Surt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2019
    yea i like the idea of light weight and thin, but idk if its worth the 4* the price. setting up gear is too expensive i hate it..

If you train in it and wear it a lot to get comfy and familiar with it, it's definitely worth the price. I've been going for runs in my setup for awhile now and I'm going to start wearing it on ruck marches. Every ounce matters at mile 10 and past.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Now this is some cool tech. Kind of scared to check the price! :lol2:

It flexible rifle rated armor.

[YT]Cs8Cym9wLSs[/YT]

Edit: Just checked the price. . .$1600ish

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads