• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I had a brainstorm that I thought I'd toss out...

For a lot of these bills, many people will testify. We probably need to put together a lineup, get our heaviest hitters out in front when the MGA is most likely to be paying attention.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I had a brainstorm that I thought I'd toss out...

For a lot of these bills, many people will testify. We probably need to put together a lineup, get our heaviest hitters out in front when the MGA is most likely to be paying attention.

They used to allow "expert panels", but it seems that the committee chairs change it up any way they want. Normally only AGC, MSI and MSRPA are recognized as "experts". Why, I don't know. Sometimes they are working in conjunction with the sponsoring reps and others they are just testifying as "experts".

Honestly, with the lack of predictable structure in the committees, it is extremely difficult to coordinate an effective game plan. If you plan on testifying, prepare as many points as you can and be ready to scratch ones that have already been talked on.

IMO, I'd prefer the "expert" panels to speak last. They are the professed "experts" and are the ones to likely bring up new and original topics or points. allow the emotional testimonies from the non-experts and then reinforce the points with "expert" points.

I am not digging on any of the clubs or organizations, but having the experts going first takes all the thunder away from the citizens and committee members sit their in a fog while the citizens speak.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Last year, Zirkin nuked the idea of panels and just called people alphabetically, by their first name no less. Will be interesting to see what stunts he pulls this year. We'll just have to be ready to thrive in chaos!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom