• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAR

Feb 18, 2009
    There shouldn't be any traffic if you're coming from Annapolis on Sunday morning. There will probably be a line to get in if you show up early but it moves fairly quick. I normally go to this show two or three times a year and refuse to attend MD gun shows. Definitely worth the admission and drive time atleast once and use this opportunity to load up on standard capacity magazines. If you can make Friday you'll have a better chance at the best deals and have better luck with hard to find items.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Are any of the dealers at this show usually willing to do C&R handgun purchases to Maryland residents (I dont have a C&R license myself)?

There are a couple, but you'll have to check around. I usually look for something I'm in the market for, then ask if they take C&R. Some don't particularly care if you're from Maryland as long as you can show the handgun is C&R and you have your license.

Others will call the cops if you mention Maryland. :sad20:

Mdot

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 26, 2010
    Baltimore
    I'm scratching my head about something. Why would any Maryland resident be excited about going to another state to look at everything we can't buy here? It's not like you can go and cash/carry an AR. Once you tack on the processing, wait, and PIA hassle and expense of transferring to an FFL, the "good deal" ain't so good no more.

And besides, soon as you say you're from Maryland to anyone from a fun state, they act like you are contageous and will infect their gun laws.

chevellenut71

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Cape Saint Clare / Annapolis
    I'm scratching my head about something. Why would any Maryland resident be excited about going to another state to look at everything we can't buy here? It's not like you can go and cash/carry an AR. Once you tack on the processing, wait, and PIA hassle and expense of transferring to an FFL, the "good deal" ain't so good no more.

And besides, soon as you say you're from Maryland to anyone from a fun state, they act like you are contageous and will infect their gun laws.

Maybe and this is just a maybe some People just like to go to guns shows to look around and see everything in one place.

Just like some People like to sit around scratching their heads.:D

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I'm scratching my head about something. Why would any Maryland resident be excited about going to another state to look at everything we can't buy here? It's not like you can go and cash/carry an AR.

You indeed can cash & carry an HBAR AR. (finding a vendor who understands MD law is probably 50/50 though.) I've bought several rifles at Chantilly in the last 2 years. One rare handgun I had them mail to my FFL back in MD. It is no longer made and I got more than enough of a deal to cover the shipping + transfer fees. I agree it makes no sense fiscally to buy a new handgun there. You can also buy std capacity mags, parts, uppers, ammo, etc. Its a much bigger show than MD shows.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm heading down there Sunday morning, I think. Powder, primers, mags.

NEVER mention that you're from MD at these shows. Many sellers get a case of the stupids when you do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom