• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAR

Feb 18, 2009
    Kick Connection. :thumbsup: They are the real deal!

JAR

Feb 18, 2009
    +1 for Kick Connection, I'd forgotten about the Ladra brothers - they're good, been around a long time. I think they have a couple of locations now too.

Search for Apolo and/or Bobby Ladra. Solid guys, good reputation all round.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

The Kick Connection is run by the Patalinghug family, and not the Ladra brothers who own Apolo's East Coast Tae Kwon Do. Again for Eskrima, the Kick Connection is the real deal.

PTKBaltimore

Nov 20, 2013
    Nottingham
    Well to be honest and please keep in mind I am trying to be as respectful as possible. I know how people are that train in FMA and I am the same way. If someone says the wrong thing they are basically looking for a fight. I am trying to be diplomatic and to be honest I love what I do and will be teaching till the day I die.

My brother and I teach together so you have the advantage of working with two instructors during class time instead of just one. We discussed a long time ago that we do not want to do contracts. we are very straight forward in the fact that if you dont want to be there, then we dont want you there. We want to train people that see how incredible the information is and appreciates it. If you sign a contract then dont enjoy what you are paying for or learning then it will put a bad taste in your mouth. My brother and I try to keep everything as cheep as possible. We teach Wednesdays and Sundays. if you want to train one day a week its $100 a month. if you want to train two days a week its $125 a month. Also we do not limit what we teach, because we dont look at it as just training students. Our organization looks at it as training future instructors, so why hold back. I have had several people ask for tactical shooting information there were civilians and because they were civilians other systems would not teach them. The only thing I will not teach civilians and only teach to active military is explosives related. We are also hosting a seminar with one of the top instructors on the east coast December 7th and 8th. I highly recommend training with him.

Sayoc VS PTK

the people that created Sayoc as well as other FMA styles if you look at who they trained under. You will constantly see the name GrandTuhon Leo T. Gaje. Everyone who teaches a blended FMA style all trained with GT. I have seen this after researching several different FMA styles. Also PTK is the oldest FMA system dated back to the time of Magellan. When Magellan went to the Philippines he was killed by Lapu Lapu. PTK can be traced back to Lapu Lapu.

Another difference is we train as if we are fighting multiple opponents and as if they are just as trained as we are. Lets be honest there is no such thing as a fair fight (so why should I learn to fight fair). We do not focus on cutting templates, and expect someone to stand still. My students who spar with me see that I am constantly at a jog until I bridge the gap and attack. What we do is classified as a combative and with that mind set if we stand still we are dead. The other thing is I know that Sayoc teaches you to carry multiple knives and deploy them if they get stripped or dropped. To be honest I have two hands and as many people as I have fought/ spared I have never had a knife taken from me. If you train with me and have a knife taken from you I have failed as an instructor. That is how I look at it. I train military, law enforcement, private security, and civilians. we teach only special forces information that is all PTK and thats why people keep coming back. If you are interested in seeing what it is we teach in person please feel free to come to our class. In fact your first class is on me. just remind me of our conversation here and I will do an overview of the system so you will see how effective it is.

rummy

Jan 11, 2008
    thanks for the detailed response. there are indeed way too many people who get butt hurt over which style is better....

ill be honest, $100 a month is WAY out of my budget, especially since i am paying that much for unlimited KM classes in columbia right now..which i hardly to to due to the drive.

also, if you dont mind me asking, explosives???

ebxgsxr

Apr 3, 2011
    near BWI
    i know i'm coming into this conversation late, but you can check out Ocampo's in the arbutus area. Master Fred was my instructor a long time ago when he had a school out of the coast guard yard. I remember when Carlos & Joe Patalinghug would also stop by when we were all there (even before kick connection opened). i learned basic Arnis training through Ocampo's a very long time ago.

PTKBaltimore

Nov 20, 2013
    Nottingham
    trust me $100 a month is nothing for the quality of information we teach. I understand if things are tight but why waste your money on other FMAs like Arnis when they dont get any military contracts. If a system is effective then the higher ups in the system would be military instructors. there is no way around that. Thats why the people I answer to oversee all the training to the armed forces in the Philippines. My #1 instructor oversees all training to the Filipino Force Recon Marines. So you may be paying $100 a month, but PTK is a better value for your money. Not trying to sound arrogant but its the truth

When I say explosives that is something I can ONLY teach to ACTIVE military. That is the only thing in the system that I cant teach to civilians or law enforcement because they dont need to know it.

Last edited:

PTKBaltimore

Nov 20, 2013
    Nottingham
    Also dont waste your time with the Landras. They are a joke. They claim to teach PTK but they mix so much ******** into it that its disgraceful. Why people go to them for PTK dumbfounds me because they stand flat footed. Anyone that teaches a weapons system and stands flatfooted is clueless. If you stand still on the battlefield you are dead. I have beguiner students that have amazing footwork that will pick a master apart that stands still any day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom