• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wiley-X

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 25, 2011
    I don't know about screw or not, but if you buy a product at one price and you sell the same product a year or two later the price should be the same being that you did not have to pay the current going rate for the same item at time of sale.

You evidently don't understand retail.

sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    Wow a 2 year old response j/k. But I do know retail but I was just stating the fact of what he did as he feels that he can do what ever he wants and people let him get away with it... not me anymore. I haven't been back in a few years now.

You evidently don't understand retail.

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    I've been to Lou's place in Bowie a few times. I checked out some guns, and never had any problems with the guy.

Most likely, Lou is experiencing higher levels of stress, may have been having a bad day, or he is simply going through some rough times.

I'm not making excuses for anyone, but people get angry for many reasons. Perhaps he's experiencing some type of family medical problems, such as cancer affecting a family member, which can cause tremendous stress in the entire family. There's always an underlying source for someone's action.

I'm simply stating, don't be too quick to judge a person.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    HolyNecropostingBatman.jpg

Let it die a peaceful death!

sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    I totally agree with that statement totally, I know from me speaking I have given him a few chances. Overall he is a decent guy but his work performance and ethic I just don't agree with.

I've been to Lou's place in Bowie a few times. I checked out some guns, and never had any problems with the guy.

Most likely, Lou is experiencing higher levels of stress, may have been having a bad day, or he is simply going through some rough times.

I'm not making excuses for anyone, but people get angry for many reasons. Perhaps he's experiencing some type of family medical problems, such as cancer affecting a family member, which can cause tremendous stress in the entire family. There's always an underlying source for someone's action.

I'm simply stating, don't be too quick to judge a person.

Wiley-X

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 25, 2011
    I don't know at what level you work in retail but when stores change prices, they change it on old stock as well as new. Go to Safeway and buy some peas. They don't leave the price low on the older cans when the price goes up.

Heck, there was an ammo dealer who used to frequent gun shows in Maryland who would raise prices during the show. Once I saw him raise a price on a box while a customer was holding it.

mikecrad29

Oct 7, 2013
    Lou's Sporting Goods

On June 1, 2013, I paid for a Windham WW-15 rifle at Lou's Sporting Goods. The owner, Lou Klein, told me that it would take 90 days to complete the background check. The day I paid for the rifle, he told me that I had to complete an online MPTC safety course and call him with the course completion number before he could submit the paperwork (to MSP for the background check). When I got home, I completed the course and then immediately called him with the course completion number. I ASSumed he wrote it down on the form he needed to fax to MSP. He told me to slow down when I first started to give him the numbers. I started over and he repeated every number slowly as I gave them to him, as if he was writing them at the same time. I didn't have any problems with Mr. Klein that day. He was very polite, professional, and even joked around a little while I was there and he seemed like a very likeable individual.
    When I had not heard anything from Mr. Klein by 9/18/13 (more than 3 and a half months after I purchased the rifle) I called him to determine if my background check had been completed. Apparently it hadn't because he said he wasn't "going to wait any longer" and that he was "going to release the rifle" to me.
    Two evenings later, on 9/20/13, I went to pick up the rifle. He pulled my paperwork, took one look at it, and said that he couldn't release it to me. I asked him why and told him that he told me two days ago that I could pick it up. He seemed to be a little agitated by my question, and he pointed to the top left corner of a form and said that it didn't have the course completion number. When I tried to interject that I had called him with the course completion number the same day I purchased the rifle, he got angry and started yelling at me. He told me to "shut up" and let him finish talking, and that if I was going to "get a case of the ass," he would give me my money back and I could leave.
    I was definitely upset and I think anyone would have been if they had just found out that their paperwork had sat in a file drawer for over 3 and a half months and had never been faxed to MSP. The only reason I didn't ask for my money back is because it was less than two weeks before the new law went into effect banning the type of rifle I had paid for. I didn't know what my chances were of being able to purchase a similar one somewhere else before the new law became effective.
    When Mr. Klein stopped yelling at me, I calmly told him that I was merely trying to tell him that I did call him with the course completion number the same day I purchased the rifle. He said something to the effect of, "So, I made a mistake" and then he said that he rarely makes mistakes and that if this was one of the few he has made in 29 years, he was doing pretty good. Instead of apologizing for his mistake and the inconvenience, he came across as if he deserved a pat on the back or some kind of medal because he rarely makes mistakes. Technically, he made two mistakes. He didn't write down the course completion number on my paperwork on 6/1/13 after I gave it to me and fax it to MSP. Also, when I called on 9/18/13 and he said he was going to release the rifle to me, he didn't pull and check my paperwork to make sure he could release it. But, after the way he had just yelled at me, I wasn't going to point out the second mistake and incur his wrath even further.
    After he finished ranting, I gave him the course completion number, again, and he wrote it on my paperwork and tried to fax it to MSP while I was there but the line was busy. He told me it would probably go through later and that I could pick up the rifle 8 days later.
    I returned 8 days later to pick up the rifle and there were two customers in front of me. I heard him complaining to the first customer how busy he had been and how he had been forgetting to do things he should be doing, which one can interpret as making mistakes. Then when he was waiting on the second customer, he told the customer twice to call him, since he didn't have time to call customers, but then he also told the customer twice that he would call him once he got the results of the MSP background check back. So, he contradicted himself twice during the conversation with that customer. The only reason I even bring this up is because when I had not heard from him 90 days after I purchased the rifle, I didn't know if it was my responsibility to call him, or he had said he was going to call me when the background check was complete, which I thought he had said he was going to do.
    Anyway, when it was my turn to be waited on, I was able to pick up the rifle without any problems. But, he again complained how busy he had been and how he had been up the other night until midnight faxing stuff to MSP.
    One thing I neglected to mention at the beginning is that Mr. Klein charged $110 over MSRP for the rifle. I originally went there to buy a S&W M&P AR-15 but he didn't have the particular model I wanted so I purchased the Windham. I didn't know what the MSRP was until I checked the manufacturer's web site later that evening. I just chalked it up to the fact that at the time, MD had recently announced that all assault type rifles would be banned effective October 1, 2013, and because there was a buying frenzy at the time, that dealers could charge pretty much anything they wanted to.
    I saw a post on here where someone said not to judge Mr. Klein too hard; that maybe he was under a lot of stress, or had been having a bad day, or perhaps there were some family medical problems he was dealing with, and that there is usually an underlying source for someone's action. That may be so, but it is totally unprofessional for anyone who runs a business to throw papers in someone's face and tell them to fill them out, as described in another post. It is also unprofessional to yell at and talk to someone the way he did for a mistake he made, regardless of what he may be experiencing in his personal life, or how busy he had been, as he pointed out to me the last two times I was there as well as to one other customer. You don't take it out on the customers.

tailboardtech

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2011
    upperco
    I had a great experience and transaction with Lou within the last couple of months at a high pressure/high volume show, and I specifically recall how adept he was at keeping all of the paperwork straight.

You might want to reconsider coming into this site, and making your very first and only post a disparaging remark about a well-regarded IP. I feel the hammer dropping . . .

I'm pretty sure it's a different Lou, IP Lou is shooters discount

drking2

Ultimate Member
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carroll County
    I was confused too. This is not Lou at shooter's discount this is another Lou. Lou at shooter's discount is top notch.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    Holy Crap, I am not sure which is more amazing: that this thread has come back to life or that this guy is still in business.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Welcome mikecrad29.

Reading post #1 and then skipping ahead to your post, it looks like this Lou-in-Bowie has been off his rocker for years. He sounds like a dangerous nut job.

I'm glad you were able to get your rifle, anyway. Reading your post, I was thinking,"Damn, this poor guy wasn't able to get his AR because of this whack job dealer." I was relieved to read that it turned out all right in the end.

Well, you got your AR and you found MdShooters. Things are looking up for you, anyway.

JAR

Feb 18, 2009
    Surprised this guy is still around. When the original assault weapons ban had sunset, I sent Lou an email specifically looking for a Colt LE6920. I even explained to him in the message that I collect Colts and this particular rifle was the only one missing from my collection. He told me he had it in stock and offered it at a great price. Within a couple hours from his reply I was at his house with cash in hand ready to make a purchase. And you guessed it, no Colts! Never even had it in stock, but he had an overpriced Superior AR15 that is just as good or better. :rolleyes: Needless to say, NEVER AGAIN!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom