Any ideas on a decent, yet affordable .300 blk suppressed pistol for HD?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Great info on here, thx. I am leaning more toward 9mm or 45, now. The gun is hone defense in an urban setting. I don't want it to blow my ears out (or family) if used indoors. That was my reasoning for subsonic .300blk, however I am reading that 9mm suppressed would be cheaper, and no terribly loud, suppressed, either.

I have some questions...

I want this SBR small (not sure how small I can make it as a rifle, so hence the pistol brace idea) so my wife or daughter could shoulder and move with it room-to-room, easily. I know there is a rule on how short a rifle can be, or special approval is needed, correct?

Can I go with a 10 to 12" barrel, and not need any special stamps or approvals? I will add a can to the end of that.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Rifle with less than 16" barrel or less than 26" overall length, requires NFA stamp. With a pistol "brace"- not a stock- its a pistol not an SBR, so no stamp.

This is a no stamp pistol example: https://www.cmmginc.com/product/pistol-mkgs-psb-9mm/

Yes, its a pistol. Lucky you in 'Murica no handgun roster amd no wait.

9MM ARs are pretty straightforward to build. your hardest decision is Colt or Glock style mags.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Rifle with less than 16" barrel or less than 26" overall length, requires NFA stamp. With a pistol "brace"- not a stock- its a pistol not an SBR, so no stamp.

This is a no stamp pistol example: https://www.cmmginc.com/product/pistol-mkgs-psb-9mm/

9MM ARs are pretty straightforward to build. your hardest decision is Colt or Glock style mags.

Confused... how is that a pistol, when it has a stock on it? That is a brace?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Confused... how is that a pistol, when it has a stock on it? That is a brace?

That is not a stock you see, its a pistol "brace." So says the BATFE.

There is nothing wrong with your internet.
    Do not attempt to adjust the picture....You experiencing the mystery of gun laws which reaches to The Outer Limits.

I find its better not to try to understand gun law logic, there is none. Trying to wrap your brain around it will only gibe you a migrane.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul

Are NFA stamps difficult to obtain?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Are NFA stamps difficult to obtain?

Sending in the money, fingerprints, and picture is easy. Can be done at a kiosk in less than an hour. You cant be denied unless you fail the background check, which is the standard NICS check.

Waiting 9 or 10 months for the stamp is the hardest part. The ATF signs each stamp by hand which takes F O R E V E R. Your supressor or sbr is in purgatory until then.

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    That is not a stock you see, its a pistol "brace." So says the BATFE.

There is nothing wrong with your internet.
    Do not attempt to adjust the picture....You experiencing the mystery of gun laws which reaches to The Outer Limits.

I find its better not to try to understand gun law logic, there is none. Trying to wrap your brain around it will only gibe you a migrane.

Too funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom