Is Your Rifle Inventory Expanding or has It Topped Out?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is your rifle inventory expanding or has It topped out?

• Expanding; at least for the foreseeable future.

Votes: 102 67.1%
    • Staying about the same; I get rid of rifles I don't use when I buy others.

Votes: 36 23.7%
    • Downsizing; I don't need so many rifles right now.

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    NO NO NOOOO!!! Did you fall and hit your head? This is CRAZY talk!

OF COURSE you need a Mini-14! You also need a good bolt action .223, with a decent trigger and a better optic.

And don't sell your firearms! It's like selling children. You just don't do it. Some sales will even make your soul bleed. Don't be that guy with the bleeding soul, making a mess all over the bench when you see somebody shooting lights out with something you USED TO have. It's just not worth it.

LOL! I do have 223 bolt gun - I guess I need a Mini 14 to complete the trifecta.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    2017 was the year of the handgun/pistol for me
    2018 will be more of a bolt action year and maybe build a higher end AR rifle after my pistol build

Petar

Nov 18, 2010
    Let's be honest, it's not going to get any cheaper. The time to buy is now, while the right party is in power. People quickly forget the stupidity that ensued everytime the last president spoke of gun control.

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    Let's be honest, it's not going to get any cheaper. The time to buy is now, while the right party is in power. People quickly forget the stupidity that ensued everytime the last president spoke of gun control.
    Exactly.

Up to Nov. 2016 all I had was a bunch of stripped lowers, a 223 bolt, and a VZ58. Grew pretty dramatically since the end of 2016. A couple of nice uppers, 4 new bolts, and especially optics. That's really where the savings have been. Stuff like chassis, etc. was insane this past black Friday, so got in on that too.

Slowed down in the past 2 months though.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    About the same, but if I see something interesting I’ll jump on it. Recently been jonesing for an O/U combo but prices are absurd to say the least.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I don't know how to answer that question. I recently sold my Garand collection, so that's a good many rifles that I have lost in my inventory. However, I am still buying rifles as well as handguns. I have not reached the number of rifles that I sold, but I still am buying. So, how would I answer your question?????

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Honestly? I'm at a point where I'm "selectively expanding". Since I have pretty much most of the C&R rifles that were "cheaper to collect" back in the day along with a variety of modern rifles, I'm now focused on very specific "always wanted one of those" items.

There's only "so much room at the inn"...

:innocent0

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Honestly? I'm at a point where I'm "selectively expanding". Since I have pretty much most of the C&R rifles that were "cheaper to collect" back in the day along with a variety of modern rifles, I'm now focused on very specific "always wanted one of those" items.

There's only "so much room at the inn"...

:innocent0

We're gonna have tar n feather ya with words like that! There is always more room, or if not, buy a bigger room.;)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Cyclical. I go thru stages of amassing and then purging.

Hell, haven't even fired the last build (16" .450Bushy) and I'm already debating on selling/parting it out.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    We're gonna have tar n feather ya with words like that! There is always more room, or if not, buy a bigger room.;)

There would be plenty of room (if) Mrs. J hadn't collected so many shoes... But that is not a topic where a discussion or debate with her would be productive... ;)

:lol2:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I sell a few now and then. A member here was looking for a Mossy 9200 shotgun. I have one but never use it, so I sold it to him. No sense in keeping it locked up in one of the safes if someone wants to get his boy out shooting. I sold it for what I had into it. Kinda like paying it forward.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    If you aren't adding now when the prices are the cheapest they will ever be, I don't see when you would.

The problem I'm having is that most of what I'm interested in isn't the cheap stuff and they're still expensive. This POF MP5 pistol I'm contemplating hasn't gone down much from the 2017 price tag.

What I can't believe is the cost of the Poly Tech M14 rifles. You can't find one for under $1000 and that's bone stock. I saw one on another forum. He was selling one with less done to it than mine but he was selling it with 3 different stocks. He wants $1750 for it. WOW.

The only thing I personally see going down in price are the AR15 rifles. I attribute that to the gluttony of rifles and parts being manufactured before the election in preparation of a Hillary Clinton win.

Who would have thought that one day, you'd see $500 AR15 rifles and $1000+ AK rifles. Back in the day, a nice AK style rifle was selling for $200 when the AR15 rifles were selling for $600 or more.

It's a strange world we live in......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom