• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmoy

Jan 14, 2014
    I had decided on a Boyds "AT-ONE" stock (atonegunstocks.com) for my target/plinking 10/22 build as it allowed a lot of configuration to accommodate different shooters (daughters/nieces/nephews). I went to check out and their site would not let me purchase it and ship it to MD.

I shot them an email asking for clarification which they promptly and politely responded to: "By definition, this stock is considered an Assault Weapon in certain counties in certain states. With the complexities of the laws and restrictions within our own systems, as of this time, we have been advised not to sell those stocks to those states. We apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you for your business"

It looked like a pretty standard target type stock to me...am I missing something?

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    You're not missing anything. Their attorneys have told them it's safer to not ship to such states. It has nothing to do with stock design but everything to do with politics. The company simply doesn't want to get themselves in a legal trick bag and be used as a political football by anti-gun zealots.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    What Bob said, it's because of lawyers. If you want one bad enough try and find another vendor that sells it or see if a local dealer can get it for you.

DrSeuss

Mar 28, 2013
    Strange, I just bought an AT-ONE for my Savage 220 in September. Maybe because it's a bolt gun?

I also bought a Boyd's stock for my Ruger 10/22 but that was several years ago.

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    You're not missing anything. Their attorneys have told them it's safer to not ship to such states. It has nothing to do with stock design but everything to do with politics. The company simply doesn't want to get themselves in a legal trick bag and be used as a political football by anti-gun zealots.

With this way of thinking, the gun grabbers win

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    It's a target stock. Those lawyers should be fired, they are costing the company thousands in sales.
    (Not to mention, rimfire is excluded from the ban in MD)

Attachments

• Boyds_ATOne.jpg
      Boyds_ATOne.jpg
      83.6 KB · Views: 225

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Is there even a state or county that "defines" a stock by itself as a firearm? Let alone an assault weapon?

I know it's about lawyers and pinheads like Frosh but seriously does such a law even exist or is this just one of those companies trying to shoot itself in the foot by not doing business with Maryland firearm owners because "they" let stupid laws exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom