• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I posted my message and then immediately went to the edit button. No delete button there. Went to the advanced edit and still no delete button. But like I've said, I've used the delete button on some threads in the past by doing the exact same thing and it was there and it worked. But for the most part, I can't find the delete button.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I think it only works in the W/C now. It was recent update.

^^^This.

Happened while MPDC was on sabbatical.

Somewhat perplexing in that; You can delete a W/C post(a place where almost anything goes), but if you post an erroneous bit of information on the standard forums, you are stuck with the only remedy of "Post Deleted" :shrug:

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I posted my message and then immediately went to the edit button. No delete button there. Went to the advanced edit and still no delete button. But like I've said, I've used the delete button on some threads in the past by doing the exact same thing and it was there and it worked. But for the most part, I can't find the delete button.
    You cannot find what isn't there.

Mods please step up and let us know where DELETE button is.

Heck, I can't even find my EDIT button.

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Admin
    Jan 19, 2016
    North Texas
    no need to delete the posts, just ran into this recently were someone edited out tons of posts fro ma thread and ruining it. Deleting does the same thing. If you need one deleted send it over via Pm and I can take a look.

There is a 24 hour time limit to where you can though.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    no need to delete the posts, just ran into this recently were someone edited out tons of posts fro ma thread and ruining it. Deleting does the same thing. If you need one deleted send it over via Pm and I can take a look.

There is a 24 hour time limit to where you can though.

So posts can only be deleted only in the WC and only within 24 hours am I correct in that? I am just looking for clarification on when/where they can be deleted. I see your response says no need to delete them but it appears some posts can be deleted and through testing i'm finding that it appears to be only in the WC. Would my computer/Ipad be the reason for this while others are finding they can in any thread.

Thank you in advance

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Can you delete this post (click go advanced)?

I was able to click 'go advanced' and had the option to delete a water cooler and a non=water cooler post.

AS others posted, there may be a 60 minute time limit.

So posts can only be deleted in the WC and only within 24 hours am I correct in that?

Thank you in advance
    Seems like you can delete anywhere within the 24 hour (not 60 minutes) period.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

I am not finding that. I just did a test in the black powder sub form (Sorry to that OP) and was unable to delete a post. It's not a huge deal I am just looking for clarification.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

Kevin, that's not what I've experienced. I posted to this thread. Immediately went to the Edit feature. I did not have a Delete button. Went to Advanced Edit and still did not have a Delete button. All of this was done within 1 minute of posting my test message.

I'll let my post sit for a few minutes and see what happens. Maybe it need time to register the post. Maybe I've been trying to delete the post too quickly.

just a thought....

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Kevin, that's not what I've experienced. I posted to this thread. Immediately went to the Edit feature. I did not have a Delete button. Went to Advanced Edit and still did not have a Delete button. All of this was done within 1 minute of posting my test message.

I'll let my post sit for a few minutes and see what happens. Maybe it need time to register the post. Maybe I've been trying to delete the post too quickly.

just a thought....
    I was quoting what eruby posted, but yes, I only have the option to delete a Water Cooler post, and not a non-water cooler post.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Everything seems to be working fine.

tumblr_o99dlkgJdW1v7s4k3o1_500.gif

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I think this is a problem with Tapatalk vs standard forum view.

I do not use Tapatalk.

I just dropped a test post into this thread and deleted it immediately with no trace.

Other times my deleted posts leave the post footprint in place with “deleted by Rack&Roll”.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I think this is a problem with Tapatalk vs standard forum view.

I do not use Tapatalk.

I just dropped a test post into this thread and deleted it immediately with no trace.

Other times my deleted posts leave the post footprint in place with “deleted by Rack&Roll”.

Nope, I'm on a desk top computer running Windows 7 Pro and IE 11.

I think the problem comes and goes. Like I said before, I've been able to delete posts but today I cannot.

Oh well, it's not that big of a deal, so I can live with the way it is now.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Nope, I'm on a desk top computer running Windows 7 Pro and IE 11.

I think the problem comes and goes. Like I said before, I've been able to delete posts but today I cannot.

Oh well, it's not that big of a deal, so I can live with the way it is now.

Bolded above.

I just now had the option to delete a post in the Water Cooler; Central Maryland; and Comments and Suggestions threads.

:tinfoil:

:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom