Need body shop recommendation (non-insurance)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SteveG75

Feb 25, 2013
    Escaped to gunny FL.
    Looking for recommendations for a body shop to do a little cancer repair on my truck (2003 Avalanche). Starting to get a little bubbling below back doors and want to nip it in the bud.

One shop that I stopped by wanted to replace the entire rockers vice cut out and patch the bad areas. $2000/side. Seems a bit excessive to me.

Anyway, looking for a shop that will do non-insurance work at a reasonable rate.

Thanks in advance.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Have you thought about just doing nothing? There really doesn't seem to be a whole lot of real good rust repair that last on these older daily driven trucks in this region besides either a new cab or a new bed.

I've had patch work done on rust bubble bedside upper wheel arches, its been my experience and others it just came back and faster than the 10 years it took to get the bubbling.

SteveG75

Feb 25, 2013
    Escaped to gunny FL.
    General vicinity is Calvert/St. Mary's counties.

Understand doing nothing but will do the repair if reasonable. Trying to escape MD anyway and get away from the road salt. As a former New Yorker, the amount of salt they use in SOMD compared to amount of snow we get is ridiculous.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I have an '02 Silverado that started out with just a tiny bubble on the fender wells and rockers. Now one fender well is gone, the other side is going away, and the rockers are eating up fast. If you try to just patch it, you'll be in the same boat in no time. If you plan on keeping the vehicle for awhile, bite the proverbial bullet and get it done right(cut the whole panel out and replace with new). I had my truck looked at by two different shops and to repair all of the rust correctly was estimated at $2,500(which is a lot cheaper than buying a new or even used truck). Since my truck is mechanically sound, I'll probably go that route. The second shop told me that he no longer welds panels in because the heat weakens the metal and causes the it to rust out again faster. He now uses body panel adhesive(autobond?) I've seen some of his work and spoke with the people who had him do the work and they were very satisfied.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Sisk Auto Body in Owings is the shop that I recommend. I had work done there on my truck, this was non insurance out of pocket. The repair was done to where I could not see any evidence of the damage, the price was fair, and now 7 years later the area is still looking like new. No body filler, perfect paint color match, they even washed the entire truck before I picked it up. Very satisfied with Sisk.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    When my youngest son "tore up" the '99 SuperDuty, I wound up taking it to Dave's Autobody, on Rte. 925, here in "Waldawf".

Tina Cole is the shop manager.

They were straight shooters, and fixed the truck, PROPERLY.

HONEST people.

Long story short......... Insurance Company's PREFERRED shop lied and said that the truck had "hidden damage".

WRONG.

I pulled the truck from the "preferred" rip-off place and took it to Dave's under a recommendation of a friend.

Dave's pulled the bumper and put the truck on a frame jig.
    Frame was STRAIGHT. NO 'hidden damage'.

I took my '11 RAM over to them, also, when a truck kicked a big piece of metal up, and damaged my hood, left front fender and broke the windshield.

I like these people.

Dave's Auto Body

12415 Kaine Pl, Waldorf, MD 20601

Phone: (301) 932-8116

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom