• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cornstalk

Mar 13, 2013
    I spent a lot of time researching this question and the most authoritative thing I found was a LETTER which I believe was written by a state attorney (AG?...I don't remember exactly) expounding on his opinion of the MD regulations. Not exactly authoritative, and there was no way to verify if this letter was even written by whom it was claimed to be. I am quite sure though, that you can order high capacity mags online as long as you have them delivered to an address in a non-restricted state. Then go pick them up yourself. As far as "transferring" is concerned, the word is legally vague so I don't know for sure if it applies to having a friend mail them to you. There are a lot of grey areas in the MD statutes. From the looks of things, the MSP have the last say in enforcing existing or proposed legislation. Best to play it safe and pick them up in person and drive across the border. Or convert everything to 10 round magazines.

sfchoffman

Full Battle Rattle
    Feb 18, 2013
    Next year it will be 5 round Magazines, and then the year after that, no magazines. You will have to manual load each round in your semi-auto....Just saying

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    It is illegal to buy, sell, transfer, offer to buy, offer to sell and manufacture a firearm magazine that has a capacity greater than 20 rds in the state of Maryland,

Possession is not restricted.

/thread

rusty goose

Feb 26, 2012
    Chesapeake Beach
    My question-If you can not have 30 round magazines mailed to you in MD, can you have the components ie a parts kit, mailed to you in MD. Or purchase FTF a disassembled magazine Ie a parts kit, in MD.

rusty goose, i think it would be easier for you to order the magazines online to your friends who live outside Maryland and pick up the magazines from them. I am not familiar with rebuild kits but my route may be easier.

cornstalk

Mar 13, 2013
    Next year it will be 5 round Magazines, and then the year after that, no magazines. You will have to manual load each round in your semi-auto....Just saying

Don't give them any ideas...I've already seen the anti-gun argument that the 2nd amendment was designed for muzzle loading rifles that took 2 minutes to reload. :sad20:

cornstalk

Mar 13, 2013
    My question-If you can not have 30 round magazines mailed to you in MD, can you have the components ie a parts kit, mailed to you in MD. Or purchase FTF a disassembled magazine Ie a parts kit, in MD.

Whether a company would send them to you or not is one question. I'm sure the state would say it violates the spirit of the law once in place, and therefore, illegal.

cornstalk

Mar 13, 2013
    rusty goose, i think it would be easier for you to order the magazines online to your friends who live outside Maryland and pick up the magazines from them. I am not familiar with rebuild kits but my route may be easier.

That is the way to do it. You might even be able to get a post office just across the border to hold mail for you at General Delivery. Then have them shipped to that PO and go pick them up.

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32

If it comes to that, we take the State house, force all communist to resign, and give the State house back to the people. :D

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011

It is illegal to buy, sell, transfer, offer to buy, offer to sell and manufacture a firearm magazine that has a capacity greater than 20 rds in the state of Maryland,

Possession is not restricted.

/thread

Bolded the part that applies... Assembly=Manufacture

Do it the legal way- cross the state line, take ownership of the item there, and bring the item back in to the state legally. Trying to circumvent the law makes all of us legal firearm owners look bad. Play by the rules, fight the rules with in the rules to fight them.

Batu

Apr 16, 2010
    Howard County
    rusty goose, your question smells of anti 2a spy searching for an "I got ya" I know I have a low post count also, but a quick search on the topic will easily clear up your question if you read the answers.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Its a felony to even think of owning a 30 rd magazine in MD. MSP will come in your sleep and take all your guns and chewing gum if you are in found posession of one.

Oh, come on precious quotes like these need a bump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom