• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    i'm no marksman myself but i am taking the video results so far with a grain of salt. even i can tell technique in some of the videos so far are are pretty bad.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    It's disappointing that the accuracy in the videos isn't great, but this might be a rifle that is particular about what it eats and digests. I'm planning to run 7 different supersonic loads, plus 4 sub sonics with and without a can. Velocities will range from 950 fps to 1640. If I find something that works well, I'll be glad to share the info.

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    in my mind i'm asking myself, can i do any better? what am i expecting out of the rifle? i know i won't be shooting a single hole at any time even with the best ammo and best rifle. i'm not expecting CZ level accuracy out of the gun but i'd like to see savage level...

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Anyone get one of these in hand yet?

Yes... thanks to a call from 2A in Jessup, I picked one up a few weeks ago. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, though.

The trigger seems smooth enough, not too heavy, with a clean break. Rifle is HEAVY. Smaller in length than the other RPRs. Fit and finish seems good. Better report will come after breaking it in and trying a bunch of different ammo to see what works best. Since most .22 ammo is 40 grain, the biggest variable that I'm curious about is how it will digest different velocities. I've got a range from 1080 up to 1600 fps. Hoping for good weather next week. :thumbsup:

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Finally got it out last week. Several issues with the scopes mount that I have fixed for the next range trip (I hope).

Still trying to find the best ammo, but with plain Jane CCI at 50 yards, this is the best 5 shot group I could do off a bipod and a bag:

Attachments

• IMG_0043.jpg
      IMG_0043.jpg
      76.5 KB · Views: 314

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    Anyone have them in stock and prices?

I have seen a few people reach out to our IPs with no response. I am looking to buy one too but after my research, I found out they aren’t available from Ruger at this time. There are a few available from Gun Broker but I will wait for a local dealer to get them in to buy mine.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Happy to say I picked one up at a very aggressive price during Atlantic's annual Ruger sale event. Have just mounted glass and whatnot, and now it's singing its siren song and begging me to find a place to go plink with it.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    OK, got the glass on it, and it's time for the range. Looking forward to some nice, zen, easy-going cheap hole-making. Had to make a glam shot of it while everything's still fresh-looking. Here's the new rig perched on its new Peli case. Will be a while before its can gets out of jail, but so be it.

Attachments

• ruger_precision_rimfire_1080.jpg
      ruger_precision_rimfire_1080.jpg
      42.1 KB · Views: 418

timkz

Oct 14, 2013
    So far I'm very happy with my purchase and the barrel seems to breaking in just fine. I shot this five round group at 100 yards this morning between wind gusts using CCI SV. Bought some Eley Tenex to try out but will wait for a less windy day.

Attachments

• RPR_100yds.jpg
      RPR_100yds.jpg
      68.3 KB · Views: 375
    • RPR_case.jpg
      RPR_case.jpg
      49.2 KB · Views: 355

bman940

Bart, Nikon Pro Staff
    Oct 11, 2010
    North Texas
    Good luck

Good luck finding one. I have checked distributor's and friend's, zero! One buddy has one and the new 9mm carbine, loves em both but won't part with the 22. Just makes me more anxious to get one. I will most likel;y top mine with a Nikon PROSTAFF 4-12. I love being able to use the 25 round Ruger mags with it.
    If you find one you better buy it cuz there won't be time to think about it.
    Great pics!

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Good luck finding one. I have checked distributor's and friend's, zero! One buddy has one and the new 9mm carbine, loves em both but won't part with the 22. Just makes me more anxious to get one. I will most likel;y top mine with a Nikon PROSTAFF 4-12. I love being able to use the 25 round Ruger mags with it.
    If you find one you better buy it cuz there won't be time to think about it.
    Great pics!
    We have one in stock.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

timkz

Oct 14, 2013
    Do y’all think this is much more accurate than the ruger American rimfire?

I really don't think it is any more accurate than the Ruger American Rimfire "Target" version being the Precision is based on the American and the specs (barrel, trigger, etc.) are very similar. However, at least for myself the ergonomics of the Precision contribute to helping me be a more accurate shooter. The adjustable stock and pistol grip are big pluses for me. I personally shoot better with a straight pistol grip and raised comb than a I do with a more standard style rifle stock. Also, the AR style barrel nut on the Precision will be a big advantage once the "match" barrels become available and you want to switch out barrels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom