What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    Took a couple days but I got 500 rounds of 9mm cranked out. Put a hornady bullet feeder on the Dillon 550 and it makes things go quick. Especially since my son likes to fill the empty bullet tubes.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I'm fiddling with the idea of making a roller handle for my Lee APP press. The "T" handle is ok, but I've got a bunch of skate bearings from when I pulled the wheels off of my kids' roller blades when they phased out of them in their teen years. I figure that making a viable roller handle wouldn't be that difficult. If I get it done, I'll post the results.

I won't put too much time and effort into it though - if I can't get it mostly made with stuff I have on hand here at the house, I'll just order the roller handle from Inline fabrication.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Ordered another inline fab 48” rail for my gun room. I have one with some holders,m and really like it. Well I managed to score the extra lee class turrets I needed so I can have all my die sets, setup in one. Don’t have a place to put all the turrets though. So a 48” rail, three tool head racks and a tray are on the way to solve that little issue.

Fortunately I have 9’ ceilings in my basement as it allows me to have the space to still put some full height cabinets above my reloading bench/wall rails and fit it all. I am tall, but I’ll likely need a stool to reach the top shelves, but at least it is more storage and the bottom couple of shelves would be reachable.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Ordered another inline fab 48” rail for my gun room. I have one with some holders,m and really like it. Well I managed to score the extra lee class turrets I needed so I can have all my die sets, setup in one. Don’t have a place to put all the turrets though. So a 48” rail, three tool head racks and a tray are on the way to solve that little issue.
    You'll love it. This is exactly what I did to fix the clutter from my Lee turret press. Works really well! I like how it has a little place to store shell holders, too. I need to get the hangers for 650 toolheads...

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    I discovered that with 100gr bullets, the old Swede M96 6.5x55 can be loaded to the same velocities as a 6.5CM.
    I'm going to chrono some rounds at AGC tomorrow and it is possible ToolAA and Fidelity will get to meet Bubba in a few weeks.

Not reloading...but a Swede is on the list, thinking of having one built if I can find an action..
    Been reading alot about reloading for it, to use it at its fullest potential. Another round to
    load for ....

-Rock

KRC

Sep 30, 2018
    Cecil County MD
    Not reloading...but a Swede is on the list, thinking of having one built if I can find an action..
    Been reading alot about reloading for it, to use it at its fullest potential. Another round to
    load for ....����

-Rock

42.7 gr. H4350 (or more)
    140 gr. Berger Hybrid :D

deerassassin22

Apr 12, 2016
    Littlestown, PA
    While I was waiting for my wet tumbling to complete and then dry loaded up 150 tubes to the kernel.

Attachments

• load.jpg
      load.jpg
      99.3 KB · Views: 128

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I discovered that with 100gr bullets, the old Swede M96 6.5x55 can be loaded to the same velocities as a 6.5CM.
    I'm going to chrono some rounds at AGC tomorrow and it is possible ToolAA and Fidelity will get to meet Bubba in a few weeks.

Why am I hearing the dueling banjos from Deliverance in the back if my head?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    don't know if y'all's have heard of these, but there are 100 round ammo/chamber checkers/case gauges called shockbottle hundo. being able to look at 100 rounds at once makes it easy to spot any issues, such as sloppy primers or rounds that don't fully seat. and if you get the mtm (and some others) 100 round ammo boxes, you can dump them in pretty easy.

https://www.shockbottle.com/shop

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    My range ammo for the 350L is non-existent. Turns out there's reloading data for 147 9mm FMJ projectiles for the 350 legend. Loaded up 20 rounds using RMR 9mm 147 RN grain fmj's and lil'gun, and they shot pretty well out of my ruger american ranch bolt action, ragged holes at 25y, and a fist size group at 100 (steel shots). Only quirk is the point of aim is drastically shifted upwards vs. the original 100 yard zero sight in with factory 180 grain winchester sp, but kentucky windage starts kicking in after the first 2-3 shots.

Definitely going to load more. I'm very curious on how fast they go and what trajectory I will be expecting when taken to 200y.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I made a ball bearing roller handle for my Lee APP Press. I took a 4" piece of closet bar, used a Forstner bit to bore 7/8" holes for the bearings, some other bit to bore the center hole through, and then used some random hardware I had laying around to get it to work. The original bolt I was going to use was a 5/16ths, but that ended up being too big to fit the hole in the press handle, so I used a 1/4" bolt I happened to have, some bushing from the skate wheels I robbed the bearings out of, and managed to get it to work - I had to use a spacer so that I could get the attaching bolts to engage the threads. It ain't purty but it works.

Attachments

• Roller1.jpg
      Roller1.jpg
      69.2 KB · Views: 156
    • Roller2.jpg
      Roller2.jpg
      64.8 KB · Views: 156

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Nice work! Not having an APP (yet), I did think the handle was one of the places they kept the cost down.
    Lee makes a pretty nice roller handle setup for it that keeps the pressure down over the top of the cam with the die. It's only $20-$25 depending on the source - I'm just too cheap for that.

There are a couple of other sources for roller handles as well - I'll just roll with what I've got because I know it will work. The next one I make will be a bit wider, I'll probably contour it, and I know I've got some candy apple red paint somewhere to make it match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom