• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    When I bought my Glock 19 at the Cop Shop a couple of weeks ago, I was going to get night sights installed when I purchased it. Sam let me try one of the demos with night sights and I decided not to get them now. I have Trijicon sights on my Sig 226 and I can't see the front dot when I'm wearing glasses or contacts. The Glock night sights had the same problem. My Sig P238 came with factor night sights that have big green dots. I'll have to figure out what type Sig used and get those for the Glock and other Sig.

Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    What do you mean stick on?

I have a set of factory night sights on my G26 and I can't tell the difference between them and Meprolights... I'd be willing to say they are the same. (from what I've heard there seems to be some guessing whether they are Meps or Trijicons)

Maybe in the past they were different, but the current Glock night sights are just another brand installed by Glock at the factory.

pic

They're not exactly "stick on"....That makes it sound as if they're attached with tape. They are staked on, unlike the others which are screwed on. I've read that the staking can come loose over time, but I'm sure that's pretty rare. Not too many of us are going to combat with our Glocks.

FWIW I have mepro's on all my glocks. The whole "dot coming off with cleaner" really annoyed me with the trijicons, and I had them taken off two Glocks because of it. Brightness is a non factor, both are really bright.

Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    What do you mean stick on?

I have a set of factory night sights on my G26 and I can't tell the difference between them and Meprolights... I'd be willing to say they are the same. (from what I've heard there seems to be some guessing whether they are Meps or Trijicons)

Maybe in the past they were different, but the current Glock night sights are just another brand installed by Glock at the factory.

They're not exactly "stick on"....That makes it sound as if they're attached with tape. They are staked on, unlike the others which are screwed on. I've read that the staking can come loose over time, but I'm sure that's pretty rare. Not too many of us are going to combat with our Glocks.

FWIW I have mepro's on all my glocks. The whole "dot coming off with cleaner" really annoyed me with the trijicons, and I had them taken off two Glocks because of it. Brightness is a non factor, both are really bright.

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County

I'm still thinking this is something that must have changed in recent years (or at least is different for the G26 model)

This is how mine are attached:

2011-02-15_19.50.04.jpg

2011-02-15_19.48.53.jpg

I was curious when you said that so I took mine apart to check and took those pics. Maybe the G26 is different, but the front sight is definitely screwed on. In fact the screw goes clear to the other side of the sight so it's at least 1/4" long.

Side note my gun looks exceptionally dirty in Macro mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom